Anyone install JL Audio stealth box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ACEC7Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the JL Audio stealth box in their Tahoe or Yukon? The BOSE system is fantastic and the factory "sub" is alright. Just curious if the single 10" provides enough bump to justify the cost.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score

Seems like he hasn't posted much since then. Page 4 shows swapping to escalade box for drastic cost savings

carlsonsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had a 10" JL Audio Box in my 21 for a couple of years. The guy who wired it for me did a terrible job tapping into power in the rear jack hatch. I'm redoing the whole install this week up to the front battery. I'm using a 500 watt mono JL Audio amp (RD500/1) and JL Audio's 2 channel line output converter (LoC-22).

The addition of the sub system gave me exactly what I was looking for with the additional low end and punch. Amazing result.

GTPace500

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the JL Audio stealth box in their Tahoe or Yukon? The BOSE system is fantastic and the factory "sub" is alright. Just curious if the single 10" provides enough bump to justify the cost.
The BOSE system is abysmal, at best. It's muddy no soundstage and lacks any kind of feeling to it whatsoever. The ELS system in my Acura MDX is miles ahead, and that's from 2018.

OP
OP
ACEC7Z

ACEC7Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had a 10" JL Audio Box in my 21 for a couple of years. The guy who wired it for me did a terrible job tapping into power in the rear jack hatch. I'm redoing the whole install this week up to the front battery. I'm using a 500 watt mono JL Audio amp (RD500/1) and JL Audio's 2 channel line output converter (LoC-22).

The addition of the sub system gave me exactly what I was looking for with the additional low end and punch. Amazing result.
Thanks for the reply. I'll probably look into this exact setup. Do you happen to have any pictures? I'm curious where you placed the amp ... Thanks.

Spacewrangler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed the JL Stealthbox, JL XD300/1v2, AudioControl LC2i PRO, and John at Audio Integration Solutions’s wire harness to tap into the existing BOSE system harness.

It’s crazy how much bass a single 10” sub added to the system. It’s a pretty straight forward install assuming you’ve installed car audio previously. I installed the amp and LoC in the shallow storage area in the cargo compartment. I routed the LC2i knob right next to the USB ports right above the wireless charging pad. My only recommendation is that depending on how you want to route your amp wire, you’ll probably need 25ft on the 4 gauge wire. I thought I could get by with 20ft, but came up short by at least 3ft by routing it back across to the driver side in the engine bay.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the JL Stealthbox, JL XD300/1v2, AudioControl LC2i PRO, and John at Audio Integration Solutions’s wire harness to tap into the existing BOSE system harness.

It’s crazy how much bass a single 10” sub added to the system. It’s a pretty straight forward install assuming you’ve installed car audio previously. I installed the amp and LoC in the shallow storage area in the cargo compartment. I routed the LC2i knob right next to the USB ports right above the wireless charging pad. My only recommendation is that depending on how you want to route your amp wire, you’ll probably need 25ft on the 4 gauge wire. I thought I could get by with 20ft, but came up short by at least 3ft by routing it back across to the driver side in the engine bay.

Just curious on who makes that harness, have a link or contact info for that John at Audio Integration Solutions? didn't turn up anything with google.

Spacewrangler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious on who makes that harness, have a link or contact info for that John at Audio Integration Solutions? didn't turn up anything with google.
He doesn't have a website as it's just a side job for him. I just emailed him at [email protected] and gave him my RPO code list so he could make the right harness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz