2023 Denali - No Vocals from Front Door Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlanglTex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Yukon Denali and have been unimpressed with the Bose system. The sound stage in the SUV is awful. All the vocals/higher frequency notes come from the upper dash speakers (none from the doors). The door speakers only play low frequency bass which is very strange to me. I went to my local GMC dealer today to sit in a brand new one to make sure mine didn't have a defect and they sounded the same, so assuming this is the way it was designed.

Curious if anyone else has noticed the lack of full range sound from the door speakers and found a solution? I plan to add the JL Stealthbox sub down the road to help with the poor sound quality in the Yukon, but was hoping to not have to redo the entire stereo system in a $94k MSRP SUV.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Component speakers in the front and rear doors, this is typical implementation. In the Denali, door gets the woofer, dash the midrange, and A-pillar gets the tweeter. You don’t want a speaker tuned for low frequency to get the vocals…would be muddy.

Queue up the Oak Ridge Boys Elvira, and see if you can hear Richard Sterban sing “giddy up, ba oom ba, ba oom ba, ba mow mow” out of there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019