Anyone heard of "TecSelect" oil filters????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I randomly had a issue with my "low oil pressure, stop engine" light on in my 6.2 07 escalade. I just purchased it 2 weeks ago as is and haven't had time to change the oil. I know the process of elimination I need to do before I start eating at the pump or o-ring of the oil feed tube. But I do hear that these engines are temperamental with the wrong oil filter. It's been sitting at the shop. So strolled over while it was outside and looked under the engine and I could only see the first 5 letters (TecSe) so I started typing it in google and it finished as (tecselect oil filter) I can't find s*** on google about it. I'm wondering if this a big culprit to why my truck started saying low oil pressure. Possibly a very crappy brand filter.Any thoughts?

IMG_0615.JPG

Jibee

Reaction score
I found one of those on my Denali when I did the first oil change after buying it. My truck had quick lube stickers all over the interior so I assumed it was a cheap filter that places like that use.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this info on a Kia forum. Looks like it's made by Purolator.

TecSELECTS are probably not made to Kia specs, as it's not a Kia oil filter. This filter comes from a parts distributer called Mighty Auto Parts (http://www.mightyautoparts.com) in Georgia that supplies rebranded aftermarket stuff like this to dealerships and indepedant shops. The specs on this filter are mostly likely the same as a Purolator Classic L14612.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of it, but it stands to reason it is commonly used by quick service outlets. I do not cater to those places, I want to see the bottle my oil came from, not a hose fed from a drum of who knows what. I have always used AC Delco filters and major brand oil. I guess that's played a role in my original 5.7 trouble free @ 197,000 miles. JMHO.
David g...........:)

OP
OP
Cleandenali31

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
I have never heard of it, but it stands to reason it is commonly used by quick service outlets. I do not cater to those places, I want to see the bottle my oil came from, not a hose fed from a drum of who knows what. I have always used AC Delco filters and major brand oil. I guess that's played a role in my original 5.7 trouble free @ 197,000 miles. JMHO.
David g...........:)
Yeah I know that the filters can cause some issues on these if you have the wrong one on there and I have them putting on an acdelco filter today and we will see what happens. Because the dealership called me this morning and stated that his tech of 30 years is very positive there is no oil pressure. This issue literally happened the morning I started it.

OP
OP
Cleandenali31

Cleandenali31

Reaction score
This is what came out of the oil pan..that light colored stuff is fine glittery metal shards. Oh and I put in the right filter before I drained it .started for 5 seconds to see if it fixed it (it didn't) it and when I took the filter back off..and it was dry like I just pulled it out of the box..this is not looking good. And the truck sounds terrible! It didn't sound like this when I gave it to the dealership! Now I'm mad! :flame:

. I feel like this wouldn't have gotten worse if they weren't pulling it in and out of the shop like I told them not to. Idk what to do know. My buddy that's a tech at Mercedes said it's seeming like I'm going to need a new engine

IMG_0627.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz