Anyone color match their trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
trying to see some pictures. My escalade is going in next week to get handles/grill/trim painted to match but im stuck for the trim around the window.

Did anyone here colormatch the window trim to the truck and not black

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the chrome trim around the windows? Or the pillars between the doors etc? Think painting the chrome is fine but the pillars may look weird

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just looking to painting the chrome trim around windows either gloss black or body colored

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think black may look "cheap" on a non-black Escalade. So go body colored. Are you going to do the trim on the mirrors also. I'm looking at my escalade right now, wondering what it would look like, but mine is black, so I can go "murdered" out, vs your gray.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes doing it all

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go body colored ive painted the trim on my bmw's in the past and always went body colored.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say body colored as well. I think the uniform colored look is the best. I would want the pillars in between the windows done too but that’s just me. I hate that black color that GM colors those pillars. I think it makes the truck look cheap. Which sucks on an Escalade. Lol.

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
post some pics of your Esky when it's all done with the color match.

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to take better pictures but I recently had my Yukon color matched.

A guy here in Tulsa did a great job with it.

Color Matched the Grill surround and painted the mesh part black.
Color matched the fog light surrounds, the door handles, door trim/protector thingies, and rear gate chrome.
Wrapped the roof rails and chrome strips on the power assist steps with Matte Black.
Replaced the emblems and nameplates with black ones. The only chrome on the truck is the GMC surrounds on the front and back emblems.
Wrapped the window trim with gloss black.

I really don't think the window trim looks bad wrapped gloss black instead color matched just due to the tinted windows. I actually considered painting the mirrors gloss black as well but ended up leaving them alone.

Yukon.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907