Anyone color match their trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robbys3m3

Reaction score
I need to take better pictures but I recently had my Yukon color matched.

A guy here in Tulsa did a great job with it.

Color Matched the Grill surround and painted the mesh part black.
Color matched the fog light surrounds, the door handles, door trim/protector thingies, and rear gate chrome.
Wrapped the roof rails and chrome strips on the power assist steps with Matte Black.
Replaced the emblems and nameplates with black ones. The only chrome on the truck is the GMC surrounds on the front and back emblems.
Wrapped the window trim with gloss black.

I really don't think the window trim looks bad wrapped gloss black instead color matched just due to the tinted windows. I actually considered painting the mirrors gloss black as well but ended up leaving them alone.

View attachment 194197

ive seen this in person...looks awesome

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trying to see some pictures. My escalade is going in next week to get handles/grill/trim painted to match but im stuck for the trim around the window.

Did anyone here colormatch the window trim to the truck and not black

I color matched my Grill surround and around my fog lights, and as far as the chrome around the windows I wrapped it in gloss black. I think if you were to color paint the chrome it might stand out a little off on a white or silver truck...just my 02. Because the windows already have gloss black trim pieces on the B pillar, doing the chrome in gloss black works. I have seen some in matte black that looks good too, but gloss seems to be the cleanest look. I would like to do the chrome strip on my running boards, but I think it is plastic, so maybe doing that in Plastidip might be better? Not sure, if anyone has suggestions for that I would love to hear them. My stock grill that came with my truck was the optional chrome design with multiple crossbars and I opted to get a simple matte charcoal grill, it actually matches the textured black plastic and eliminated that big GMC emblem.

20180208_090141.jpg 20180208_081603.jpg 20180225_154916.jpg 20180307_180503.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons