Anybody buy a 2018 RST with the 6.2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my RST performance package Tahoe last week. I also have the 2015 LTZ and it's a nice upgrade. More responsive ride, It's faster and sounds great.
Got any pics yet?

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't they also come with the upgraded Brembo 6 pot calipers too?

XRO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just traded my 2015 LTZ in for an RST appearance and performance package. Brembo is an aditional options but I didn't opt for it. Exhaust is also and option, but it wasn't available at the time I built mine.

6.2/10 speed is fast and responsive. I think it is a big jump from the 5.3. I love it, buttery smooth but aggressive. I can definitely tell a difference with the magnetic ride control. Still plush but much more responsive

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't they also come with the upgraded Brembo 6 pot calipers too?
The 6 piston brembos and huge rotors are available on any full size gm truck or suv for$2795. 20” wheels or larger are required.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 6 piston brembos and huge rotors are available on any full size gm truck or suv for$2795. 20” wheels or larger are required.

I knew they were available, but I thought they can standard with the RST......... which is clearly not the case now.

I don't understand why great brakes have to be a damn option.....:think:

Protect1989

Reaction score
Here's something interesting.

Dealer near me has a Tahoe RST with the 5.3L. However it doesn't have the digital instrument cluster. I thought that was standard on the premier trim (the rst is just a dolled up premier). Anyone ever seen that before?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership in my town seems to be selling a ton of RSTs. I don't know if they are fully loaded or not but their facebook page puts congratulatory pics up and there has been 4 so far this month.

mws517

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought the RST with the 6.2 engine, absolutely love it. I called Borla and they stated the exhaust should be coming out around April time, I will add it to the RST.

sam123

Reaction score
Here's something interesting.

Dealer near me has a Tahoe RST with the 5.3L. However it doesn't have the digital instrument cluster. I thought that was standard on the premier trim (the rst is just a dolled up premier). Anyone ever seen that before?

You can get the RST appearance package without the 6.2 in the LT as well, so that could be why it doesn't have the upgraded cluster. Plus, on the Premier, the upgraded cluster is an option that's tied in with the heads up display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy