Anybody buy a 2018 RST with the 6.2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmtk

Reaction score
Interested to hear the reviews. Found a couple online but it appears the RST can also mean just specific rims (and they don't have the 6.2). Wish GM would put the 6.2 in a burb.

Quicksilver3014

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been curious how well the 10 speed performed with the 6.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got my RST performance package Tahoe last week. I also have the 2015 LTZ and it's a nice upgrade. More responsive ride, It's faster and sounds great.

Did you get it with the 6.2? I thought it was a choice with RST, not mandatory

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been curious how well the 10 speed performed with the 6.2.

I drove the 6.2L 10-speed with 3.23 gears in the 2017 Silverado quite a bit. Good combo overall. Nothing negative to say about it other than 3.73 rear would have been a better combo for back roads and city driving. They tossed in 3.23s for MPG numbers. I wouldn't consider the acceleration blinding fast or anything.

cartnj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you get it with the 6.2? I thought it was a choice with RST, not mandatory

Yes the RST edition is just an appearance package..special wheels and eliminates some chrome. The RST Performance package adds the 6.2 and modification to the magnetic ride. I have the premiere RST with RST performance. You can get the RST Edition without the RST performance package but you cant get the RST performance without the RST edition at least that is what I was told

Serg-214

Reaction score
Does the RST just come in black and white exterior colors? Wasn't too sure if I saw a dealer online selling a grey one. Curious to see how a red one would look.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the RST just come in black and white exterior colors? Wasn't too sure if I saw a dealer online selling a grey one. Curious to see how a red one would look.

I believe it's only available in Black, White, Silver, and Tungsten.

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I blacked out all of the chrome on my 16 Tahoe, but would love to get a color matched grille like the new RST has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2