Any Suggestions? (2 dr tahoe '99)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
Okay, i'm gettin the front end fixed right now..i just bought the hoses for the A/C..so hopefully this weekend i will have the front end fixed completely with new ball berrings, a/c, new windshield wipers, etc..now IF everything goes as planned, i plan on doing one of two things.. 1: i am getting two boxes and 4 twelves to occupy the hoe and rock it loud..OR.. 2: i am gonna run duel flowmasters (2 1/2in with 3in or 4in tips) i'm simply guessing that a good local is going to charge me about 250 to run the duels..so which project should i start investin in first?? The 12's or the Flowmasters??

**PS - the dent and paint is coming last.. so don't hate on THE dent :) haha

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you just buying the boxes or are you trying to buy everthing with the $250 (subs,amp(s),boxes, wires)? Cause 250 isnt going to far for all of the things youll need to get bumpin 4 12s. But I personally would start with the system first but thats just me. But if all you have is 250, then I'd buy the exhaust now or save it for the system later.

OP
OP
TeaDubya2011

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
no no no..the 250 is price for the pipes, the speakers will be MUCH MUCH more..im thinkin 5 maybe 6 hundred on the system, 2 boxes, 4 12's, amps, wires..

OP
OP
TeaDubya2011

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've never owned either brands, but I guess the Pioneers because I've heard they are alright.. But I think you'll be more happy with the Kicker CVRs, theyre in the same price range and wattage. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8363_Kicker+07CVR124.html Sonicelectronix is a pretty good site for audio stuff, almost always has lowest prices and they have almost everything there. That's just my 2 cents but it's all about what you want man

OP
OP
TeaDubya2011

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
thanks i REALLY like those..with 4, it'd put alot of power on the car battery so i'm definetly going to save up a couple more weeks for the subs, sealed boxes, then lastly an amp... what would push them to sound good?? at a reasonable price

PS would 4 be too much? I DO wanna be heard with some bass to shake the ground..but alot can do that with only 2

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 2 arc 12's in a custom box (giant) ported and it POUNDED! I head headaches for a few days... So much so that I went for 2 sealed boston 10's (Tons cleaner and more efficient) So imo 2 12's (done right with good power) will do damage! Plus the box for my 12's took almost my whole back end!

just my .02

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 good 12's sealed box 1000w amp. good enough to make your head hurt. throw a cap. on it and it'll keep your lights from dimming and looking cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rad92