Annoying squeaking in rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a very loud squeak that comes from my rear if I push down on the rear bumper area and it's constant during low speed driving. It's so annoying, loud and embarrassing that I want to get rid of my truck. It can be easily heard from the inside and outside and is coming from the rear. I would like to know some hot spots to look at first. The shocks are brand new and this sound was there before I changed them out. It's just worse now.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be the rear sway bar bushings, they tend to get squeaky, easy fix to just unbolt them lube with lithium grease and put back on. Do this with the vehicle on the ground or ramps, jacking it up will create resistance force on the bar

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the rear sway bar bushings, they tend to get squeaky, easy fix to just unbolt them lube with lithium grease and put back on. Do this with the vehicle on the ground or ramps, jacking it up will create resistance force on the bar

ok thanks ill take a look at those

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a very similar situation, ended up being a blown shock

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I sprayed some CRC 556 on those areas just to see if there is any difference and it definitely improved. I can push down on the rear with out any squeak so I'm gonna keep soaking those areas.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this exact issue on my Denali. I'm going to buy some lithium white grease this evening and then coat them tomorrow (as well as any other rubber thing I can see).

Let me know if this works out for you so that I know I'm on the right track.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as your taking the caps off, wrap the bar with Teflon tape, lube with lithium grease if you want to, re install the bushing and caps.

OP
OP
K

KilluminatiDre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this exact issue on my Denali. I'm going to buy some lithium white grease this evening and then coat them tomorrow (as well as any other rubber thing I can see).

Let me know if this works out for you so that I know I'm on the right track.

as long as your taking the caps off, wrap the bar with Teflon tape, lube with lithium grease if you want to, re install the bushing and caps.

Ok will do.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sprayed some CRC 556 on those areas just to see if there is any difference and it definitely improved. I can push down on the rear with out any squeak so I'm gonna keep soaking those areas.
you'll get much better results if you just pull them off and grease them and put them back on, that spray only works temporary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900