Amber DRL Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for a 2022-2023 model year, does anyone know of or have link to a way to have AMBER DRL ???

i know i have seen some like this, but havent found anyone discussing it or having done it

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'd have to rewire the LED's, amber is used for the turn signals, white for the DRL's

OP
OP
STORMIN08

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why i have asked, i am 99% certain i have seen a couple that have this done.
i even tried to turn around a follow one to see what was done.

may have to look into repinning or better would be a jumper and diode to achieve this.

anyone seen a wiring diagram for these years ?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can check the GM upfitter site.

But, you will likely be most disappointed.

The headlamp is a self contained module (assuming there is a small PCBA w/ some controls on it). Has Power , GND, and It receives a turn signal signal via the BCM and then Lighting Control Module for the turn signal, and it receives a signal from the same control modules for DRL, High, and Low beams. So…it’s not crystal clear how one would wire it up to flash Amber when the turn signal is on and be solid Amber when the call for DRL is sent.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can check the GM upfitter site.

But, you will likely be most disappointed.

The headlamp is a self contained module (assuming there is a small PCBA w/ some controls on it). Has Power , GND, and It receives a turn signal signal via the BCM and then Lighting Control Module for the turn signal, and it receives a signal from the same control modules for DRL, High, and Low beams. So…it’s not crystal clear how one would wire it up to flash Amber when the turn signal is on and be solid Amber when the call for DRL is sent.
I must say @WalleyeMikeIII that I am always impressed with your detailed replies. You are truly a valued Member here.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say @WalleyeMikeIII that I am always impressed with your detailed replies. You are truly a valued Member here.
Awe…thanks @Fast_AT4.

Before I replied, I looked at the upfitter site schematics, and wrote that reply based on what I saw. I’m not saying someone couldn’t make it happen; but it’s going to take some engineering and some trial and error.

These rigs aren’t your old school 12V supply through a relay with a Flasher (RC circuit) setup. It’s all solid state stuff inside Body Control Modules and Lighting Control Modules…not your dad’s Oldsmobile .

OP
OP
STORMIN08

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, that may back burner awhile...not really worth the effort...but for sure would look alot better with an amber glow all the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19