All-terrain Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I would like to purchase a set of all-terrain tires for my 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT. Are Mickey Thompson Tires' ATZ P3, a good choice? Any other suggestions?

Can't speak to the mickey's, but there are a few favorites on the forums.
BFG KO2, Nitro ridge/Terra grappler, Cooper at/3, General grabber at2, Goodyear Duratracs. You might also check out Dick Cepek if you like the mickeys.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That MT looks like a mud tire. Very aggressive. BFG KO2s are an excellent AT tire, highest rated usually. What will you be using the truck mostly for? What capabilities do you want it to have?

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen the mickey t tires just never used them. I have had good luck with nitto terra grapplers, and currently the goodyear duratracs. They both performed great in muddy and off-road terrain as well as lots of snow. I cant say how theyd be in a hotter states environment though. Plus the duratracs look aggressively amazing Haha

063CCD53-0619-42FD-9AA8-EE860032ADB9.jpeg

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're in an area that gets snow, I highly recommend Goodyear Duratracs. Unstoppable in rain and snow, good wear, good offroad. My last set lasted 50k miles, and that included about 15k of towing a very heavy trailer. They do have some road noise, but I only noticed it now that I've taken off the roof and doors of my Wrangler. Not noticeable in my Suburban.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran BFG a/t ko's for over ten years straight. if you live where it snows, or go trail riding and such, they work super well. i used to snow plow with them too. i could plow up to 4-6 inches in rwd only with ease. i got stuck only a few times too, every time i was high sided, needed to get pulled off the pile i got stuck on, cant get traction if all 4 wheels are off the ground lol i had a 20 foot chain with me at all times, mostly for puling out stuck fords. happened every storm.

if you do get stuck, do not spin the tires till they smoke, you will melt these tires to nothing and not know it till its way to late. very soft tire. i made that mistake one time, 300 dollar f up. i had a locker rear in that truck.

and run them up to the max air pressure, i ran em at 50 all year round, did a lot of hwy driving with them too. lasted about 30,000 miles with my aggressive driving style.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more tip for the bfg's, you have to rotate them every 6,000 miles. these ifs front ends make the outer edge cup up, so if your a 3,000 mile oil change guy and do them on time. rotate every other oil change, how i did mine. i was also doing 3,000 miles a month so my oil changes were every month.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more tip for the bfg's, you have to rotate them every 6,000 miles. these ifs front ends make the outer edge cup up, so if your a 3,000 mile oil change guy and do them on time. rotate every other oil change, how i did mine. i was also doing 3,000 miles a month so my oil changes were every month.

After every 5K oil change here, they get balanced too. Will start crossing the front tires as they go the rear next time.

Reaction score
I'm currently running nitto terra grapplers, these tires perform really well. They grip ******* wet windy roads, rip through snow and mud with no problems. My only complaint is the road noise, so ******* loud!

I have 30k on them and they're looking like they will go another 20k at least.

Will definitely go back to bfg ko2s though, that for me was the best tire I've ever ran. And super quiet on the highway.

Bryhn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I run duratracs. Good tire, but like others say, rotate every 5k miles. Mine started to cup in a weird way, but I had not rotated in a while. A little noisy around 10-15mph, but great on highway.

I had KO2's before and they were o.k., but I think I like the duratracs a little more. Also do great in snow and rain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar