Airbox top off with K&N Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasmade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
good info im gona try that cap mod this weekend i already have the k&n filter..as for the top cover i would keep it on and do the cap mod maybe like a sleeper look..

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like i said before,our airbox's are large and have very little restriction.Really no reason to remove the top cover.

Looking at our air intake systems,it seems that the plastic throttle body cover is the biggest bottle neck/restriction.

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
I also ran the Tahoe without the top of the air box because it sounded better. Well a couple of weeks ago i took out the truck to our local sand dunes, well i totally forgot about having the top off, i noticed the hoe seemed like it wasn't giving all its 255hp but it didn't cross my mind about the intake. well i got home and looked under the hood and saw the k&n filter FULL of sand!! i was like holy shit!!! I cleaned off the filter and there was a nice little pile of sand inside the air box reserve. I learned my lesson on leaving on the top lol

Vigh_J

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the Silencer I just took a rattle can lid and cut 1" out of it put it on and with it being so thin i was able to put the silencer back on just for looks. I like the VORTEC part :) Noticed more sound and better throttle response. It wasn't completely free as i had to buy a rattle can at some point but saved me a trip to the hardware store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo