Airbag light woes code B1001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBIII

Reaction score
Hey again gang,
After my ridiculous seat heater inop/battery drain situation last winter, I have since had an airbag light that was not there previously. I've replaced both sensors with brand new ones and no change. I've also checked the connections under the passenger seat but didn't see anything.. I had the BCM swapped at a dealership and they can't tell me what they did and didn't do without recharging me a diag fee. I know there's a bulletin out there and comments in regards to the BCM needing the correct VIN, but I can't figure out how to confirm/do that. I bought a Bluedriver hoping it'd work but it doesn't seem to.

When I clear the light, it stays gone until the truck is restarted and it comes right back. I REALLY think it's the BCM but I can't get a single ******* person in my area to understand what it is that I need and those that do don't have a bidirectional tool. Aside from a Tech 2/clone, what are my options? ideally cheaper the better.

I've looked at the tech2 clones but it seems like there's a lot of room for error in compiling/configuring it all. Any tips?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo