Anti-theft light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dojrs

Reaction score
Well today I finally got the new clock spring installed, everything was plug to plug except for one connection I could not figure out where it went. It's a 2 wire #1 black and #2 white, with a yellow connector on the end of it. All the other plugs went together relatively easily though.
After getting everything back together I now have the air bag light off that's been bothering me for 5 long ass years .

However now I've acquired the anti-theft light to be triggered. I'm thinking it may be caused by the right rear passenger door lock actuator malfunctioning. Has anyone else had any experience in the matters of hating these damn dash lights ????

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today I finally got the new clock spring installed, everything was plug to plug except for one connection I could not figure out where it went. It's a 2 wire #1 black and #2 white, with a yellow connector on the end of it. All the other plugs went together relatively easily though.
After getting everything back together I now have the air bag light off that's been bothering me for 5 long ass years .

However now I've acquired the anti-theft light to be triggered. I'm thinking it may be caused by the right rear passenger door lock actuator malfunctioning. Has anyone else had any experience in the matters of hating these damn dash lights ????
if you touched or moved the hall sensor plug while doing the clockspring that might be why, it has a small connector right above the ignition housing

OP
OP
D

dojrs

Reaction score
if you touched or moved the hall sensor plug while doing the clockspring that might be why, it has a small connector right above the ignition housing

The clock spring I ordered from rockauto was in my opinion a whole wiring harness. If it's the one I think you're referring to it's a white plug with 2 wires, can't rem the wire colors right off though. And the clock spring I used I had to pull that one out and replace it with the new one. And it was a little bit of a pain to get that plug out. The new plug went in fairly easily, and the "cap" on the top.of the plug popped off once before I got it all back together.

OP
OP
D

dojrs

Reaction score
well 4 days ago i tried the re-learn process of turning the ignition key forward to the ON posiotion for 10 minutes or until the anti-theft light flashed. well that was a bust as all I managed to accomplish was killing my battery after 20-25 minutes, and never once did I get the anti-theft light to blink between cycles.
Does anyone else know of a better way of resetting the anti-theft light ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well 4 days ago i tried the re-learn process of turning the ignition key forward to the ON posiotion for 10 minutes or until the anti-theft light flashed. well that was a bust as all I managed to accomplish was killing my battery after 20-25 minutes, and never once did I get the anti-theft light to blink between cycles.
Does anyone else know of a better way of resetting the anti-theft light ?
if the security light is on then there is a code, you will need a scanner that can read body codes. a regular ol'e obd code reader will not since the associated security code is not a obd code. get the code and that will tell you what is going on.

OP
OP
D

dojrs

Reaction score
if the security light is on then there is a code, you will need a scanner that can read body codes. a regular ol'e obd code reader will not since the associated security code is not a obd code. get the code and that will tell you what is going on.
well after I attempted the re-learn process i found on youtube I managed to drain my battery low enough I had to jump start the tahoe. After I jumped started it the anti-theft light was off. driven it several times since and it hasnt returned so I'll take that a free win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesertGator

Latest posts