Air suspension damper repair possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, my air suspension no longer works, as it probably does for many of the cars equipped with.

Basically, it doesn't really bother me, because the car just hangs a little at the back, when it's fully loaded. The dampers himself work perfect also the magnetic ride works perfect, only one of my damper rubbers is broken on one side.

But since I'm a perfectionist, I'd like to fix it. Now the dampers are obscenely expensive and I wonder if the defective dampers can't be repaired.

This actually seems to be just a rubber hose with two clamps. There should be someone who can fix it.

I've already had the damper of an air suspension on my Mercedes S-Class repaired. A Polish company specialized in this. And the repaired dampers cost €300 and not €1700 like the original Mercedes ones.

Is there something like this in the USA?
Are there repair kits?
Does anyone did it himself?

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oem magnetic ride shocks are not rebuildable.
They are built in a manner not to be taken apart, nor are there replacement parts.

There are varying levels of oem equivalent aftermarket replacement shocks. Check rock auto.

That being said, Arnott uses the eibach shock with an air ride system. It has a built in resistor to keep the computer happy.
The rear shocks are ok. Not horrible. The fronts have springs that sag in no time. Junk. I’d recommend swapping your front oem springs or if you want a level, get a leveling spring or a z71 spring.

Your best bet is getting the computer foolers, run bilstein shocks if you are on a budget. And if you want the air bags, get in spring bags and plum the factory compressor to them.

If you want the best ride, get ADS or King coilovers and shocks, border patrol springs out back and if you want airbags for towing, do the in spring bags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts