Air filter/intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WJK1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their intake only- no tune. Or high flow filter - K&N for example? Any noticeable difference in MPG and performance?

coffeyman76

Reaction score
I did a K&N cold air before my tune. I would say the performance gain is minimal - perhaps indistinguishable. It does make it sound great though.

OP
OP
WJK1

WJK1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a K&N cold air before my tune. I would say the performance gain is minimal - perhaps indistinguishable. It does make it sound great though.

Usually the case. I do love a good intake sound thou! Thanks

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically mpg is decreased. If you want to increase air flow with a sensible purchase get a drop in k&n filter only.

coffeyman76

Reaction score
Typically mpg is decreased. If you want to increase air flow with a sensible purchase get a drop in k&n filter only.

I am curious why MPG would be decreased using this setup? Drastically improved no, but decreased? Except that it sounds pretty cool to step on the gas pedal firmly ;-)

Again, it is a questionable investment. It sounds great and I think if you pair it with a tune it would result in actual performance improvements but as a stand-alone product I can't tell a meaningful difference in performance.

That being said I'm happy with mine and I would get it again.

Blueberry21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sound

Was the sound much louder with the Cold Air Intake; this is the wifes car and I want to get best MPG & power for pulling the toys but don't want it too loud in the cab either. Thanks.

Bowtiebug

Reaction score
It's only loud at full throttle , my wife actually loves the sound at cruise and normal driving it quiet like stock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roady24