Aftermarket cam adjusters???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an 01 z71 4x4. Recently put on aftermarket keys and they are cranked maybe halfway to accommodate 33x12.50s. I knew it was going to need an alignment after the level, and could definitely tell from the front tires being titled outward at the top now. They told me at the shop that the oem cam adjusters were maxed out already and he couldn't even get it close. Told me I needed to find some aftermarket cams that could be adjusted for what I have to get it aligned. Hoping I don't have to order aftermarket upper control arms since I just replaced the factory ones with more factory replacements. Anyone have any insight?

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of all the leveled tahoes out there, there's no way I'm the only one that has ran across this. The stock alignment cam can't go far enough to correct the camber/caster that is needed for my new height. Everyone's alignment after leveling has been easy? Come on man...

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Do you remember the adjustment ability on them/have a link or part number by chance?

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over a degree on one side, closer to 1 1/2 on the other.

My alignment is still off, just have to find time to leave it at Goodyear for a day. Pretty tough when I need my truck EVERY day, put 20-30 miles minimum, usually closer to 120-150 per day.

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over a degree on one side, closer to 1 1/2 on the other.

My alignment is still off, just have to find time to leave it at Goodyear for a day. Pretty tough when I need my truck EVERY day, put 20-30 miles minimum, usually closer to 120-150 per day.

So I just remembered that I recently had upper control arms with offset bushings put on. The description says they allow for an additional 2 degrees of camber. So now i'm wondering to the bushings have to be moved around or should the factory alignment cam automatically work to adjust with these?

OP
OP
wafflecakes13

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I've seen those along with tons of others online. They're basically all stock replacements. I have spoken with Brad at Custom Offsets and he told me that they have never had an issue aligning a chevy with stock alignment cams. I'm coming to the conclusion that it's my "offset bushing" control arms that are the culprit. Spoke with Moog and they said the offset arms are to correct negative camber. So I'm thinking that since I'm trying to correct a lot of positive camber my arms don't have the reach to bring it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts