Aftermarket Head units question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rick1024

Reaction score
White Automotive upgraded my cluster a few months ago. Works perfect! What head unit upgrade did you have done a white automotive? I didn't see an android head unit on White Automotive`s website.
it was to add carplay and android auto to the unit, and the full unlock which lets you watch videos while driving which i dont do, and watch video files from a usb source. I want to get the cluster next, but I want to do the denali cluster. I am just trying to find one that is in good shape and the right year when i have the money

JLNwebb0922

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: I received my GT-6 last week. They initially sent the wrong LVDS (the USB dongle connecting the unit). Without that, everything worked except the console app and the reverse camera. However, they expedited the correct connector. After that, all has been solid! Thanks for the Apple shortcut tip!

Attachments

• IMG_3198.jpeg
    IMG_3198.jpeg
    959.3 KB · Views: 24

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
just picked up a 2015 LTZ. The oem navigation head unit is ok but I want to install a pioneer unit, most likely one of the NEX series units. I am looking to use the iDatalink harnesses and control box (maestro) but when I look at the options there doesnt seem to be a way to retain BOTH the factory amp and the vehicle settings. Its either or. Has anyone installed an aftermarket unit using the metra harnesses and retained both the factory settings menu and still use the factory amp?
What would an aftermarket head unit provide for you that the factory Bose system doesn't? In my opinion it seems like aftermarket stereos were from a past-time where the factory systems were weak.

JLNwebb0922

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What would an aftermarket head unit provide for you that the factory Bose system doesn't? In my opinion it seems like aftermarket stereos were from a past-time where the factory systems were weak.
For me, it's the tablet functionality & customization. But I would do it for the screen size alone.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBDII interface, hdmi, mirroring, video in motion, camera's in motion, radar interface, aux interface, options are almost unlimited just depends on what you want to do
like add a ham radio interface or who knows.....just takes money

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. In my mind I was thinking "old school" single or double DINN aftermarket head units. Now a big screen like that would be neat, especially integrating some of the other factory HVAC and radio controls right in to the touch screen.

vegaseverything

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Most people these days go with the plug and play tesla style headunits. Not as big a market for Alpine and Pioneers since they don't always retain all the factory functions. That might be why nobody can answer the specific question asked?
What if I have a 2018 and 2018 for donor parts can I do the small screen upgrade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo