Aftermarket bumper/grill guard 2011 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdeere3010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wanting to put an aftermarket bumper/ grill guard on the new to me 2011 Tahoe. Wanting to fit a heavy duty one like a ranch hand, thunderstruck etc. Question is can I fit one from a similar year/model 1500 or 2500 Silverado? Not looking for just a bumper with bull bar, we are in deer country and need a full grill guard. I am new to this generation Tahoe/Silverado because everything else I have is 98 or older. Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I cannot offer anymore than that because I am just not a fan of these bumper/grill guards. I have to ask a question. You said you are in deer country. Have you ever hit a deer? If you work on your own vehicle, that guard is going to make it more difficult. I work on vehicles on the side and I let any customer know, right up front, that my labor rate of $75 an hour is more with a grill guard on the vehicle.

BUT, it is your vehicle and "BY GOD" if you want one on there, DO IT!

OP
OP
J

jdeere3010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I work on my own vehicles 100%. Between me and my wife we hit at least 1 deer a year that would do major damage if it wasn’t for grill guards and hd bumper/grill guards. I don’t have a problem working around them or taking the bumper off if necessary

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanting to put an aftermarket bumper/ grill guard on the new to me 2011 Tahoe. Wanting to fit a heavy duty one like a ranch hand, thunderstruck etc. Question is can I fit one from a similar year/model 1500 or 2500 Silverado? Not looking for just a bumper with bull bar, we are in deer country and need a full grill guard. I am new to this generation Tahoe/Silverado because everything else I have is 98 or older. Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks
The main difference between a Tahoe and Silverado is the grill. For a Tahoe the griil is integral to the stock bumper. For the other it is separate. To use a 1500 truck bumper you’d be cutting The grill loose.

OP
OP
J

jdeere3010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thanks to everyone for the comments. So it looks like other than minor differences in headlight spacing and supporting or attaching the lower part of the grill once it has been cut loose from the bumper I should be about set. If I were to switch to 1500 Silverado grill I would have to switch entire front clip right?

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The frame ends are different on the Silverado and Tahoe. I oringally modified a Sierra bumper for mine because there wasn't anything available for the Yukon. That is going to be closer to the Tahoe light/ grill spacing. I had to cut off the frame ends and drill holes and make my own brackets. Since then we have helped bring several bumpers to the maket for the various generations of the Tahoes and Suburbans. Here is a good low profile winch bumper option. I've hit a dear with mine and just broke the headlight and gill. There is also an add on stinger option for them to provide a little more radiator protection.
Stinger Tahoe Winch Bumper.JPG

We also carry a TrailReady Full Guard Winch Bumper if you really want a monster bumper to protect everything. They're about twice the price, weight, and lead time.
IMG_0194.jpg

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im waaayy to cheaaap. Im looking for one those used cop pushbars for like 70$

Grady_Wilson

Reaction score
There are remarkably few options for the Yukon as far as full cover guards go.
I have been thinking about one since there are tons of deer in the area where the Yukon lives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts