After a 3 moth wait I have a build date! What should I expect??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRT8_HMI

Reaction score
Can any of the prices and options change? The build code is at 3xxx and has a production date of Feb 5th I believe. I ordered a unique option group on it that other dealers couldn't pull up in their system (PCX I believe). I'm worried that it is an oversight and they will try to raise the price by several thousand to pick up the options configured. My question is when does the order become final?

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SRT8
2 weeks ago they gave me a build date of 1/26.
Yesterday the dealer called and said its at 3400 and build date (TPW) has been moved to 1/19. From what he told me the TWP is when it is rolling off the line.
Since you are in the 3xxxx which means the order has been accepted I would think it's too late to change. Your best bet is call the dealer and see what they can do.
Don't forget there is a $1000.00 loyalty offer until 3/1/15

OP
OP
S

SRT8_HMI

Reaction score
That's awesome they bumped up your build date. I still haven't nailed down a color after 4 months of deciding. Hopefully I like the Midnight Amethyst I chose. I always go with silver but wanted to mix it up some.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We almost got a Midnight color Denali. They had it at the dealership before we ordered one. Had all the options but it was a pre 2015i -- it had the 6spd. It looked awesome. We ended up ordering an Iridium color but could have went either way. I think you are going to be pretty happy with the midnight color. looks awesome at night under the lights!

Your TPW will most likely be moved up as well. They roll off the line pretty quick but delivery may take some time. I'm sure glad I ordered the vehicle... I like the anticipation! I already got my OEM roof rails so I can get my Yakima's ski racks install. Ready to use the 4wd for the mountains but it looks bleak due to the lack of rain here in central CA. Please let it rain and snow!!

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm you haven't seen MA in person? It's a purple color in sunlight, not for everyone. My wife really loves it.

Iridium/Black w/ 22" is the best.

OP
OP
S

SRT8_HMI

Reaction score
Hmmm you haven't seen MA in person? It's a purple color in sunlight, not for everyone. My wife really loves it.

Iridium/Black w/ 22" is the best.

I saw an Escalade in the equivalent color at night and was sold. I'd be content with Iridium or white as well. Maybe MA is a woman's color but not much about the truck itself is feminine. I have OEM 22's and Blizzaks waiting but from the way it looks I won't need them this winter.

OP
OP
S

SRT8_HMI

Reaction score
TPW got bumped up to 02/02 so I might actually have my Denali by the end of the February. It's almost exciting!

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on! It moves pretty fast. My TPW was 1/19 and it arrived at the dealer last night. I wish I could pick it up today but I have to leave town for the day. I'll get it Thursday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ibchris66