AFM FOR MY 2015 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last 400+ mile trip..with AFM off?
Correct, AFM has been turned off for the last 33,000 miles. My drive to work is about 25 miles each way & 27ish typical if I don't hit many red lights.
I've driven 2,000 miles since the AFM cam delete & very impressed with the results. With 2x daily remote starts due to frozen windshield & many running idle to pop into a store while my wife enjoys the heated seats I'm running around 22mpg Avg @ 30mph up from 20.3mpg @ 37mph. If I get some hwy miles that overall avg will go back up.

20231113_191047.jpg

Last edited:

jaxscuby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
and you swapped out cams & lifters?

what was the delta in gas mileage for AFM delete and then with cams & lifters?

Last edited:

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and you swapped out cams & lifters?

what was the delta in gas mileage for AFM delete and then with cams & lifters?
With just AFM turned off with a tune my mpg increased by .2mpg based on 30,000 average for each.

With non AFM cam & lifters swap after 2,000 miles my mpg increase by 2+mpg. I have several 100+mph burst with 1 reaching the 140 mph speedometer limit easily with power to spare.

The extra power is felt at all rpms, idle is smooth, peddle response is quick. Barely have to press on the peddle & the speed increases which may help explain the better mpg.

I am a quick to driving speed & rarely use my brakes so much mpg tends to be better than most.

Here's my AFM failure/cam swap journey. https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/afm-lifter-fail-on-my-2018-yukon-denali.143805/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA