adding a DIC to a 2013 Tahoe SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plug is there already in your dash, you just either need to cut your stock dash plate or find one already done. The plate itself will come in one piece, same as the picture you linked. You can detach the small section (where you put your DIC o_O ) with a soldering iron or something to melt a fused plastic, which will make it easier on you if you decide to cut out your stock panel yourself.

You might get lucky like I did and get a deal you couldn't refuse on that dash panel, I got the panel (without the DIC cutout) from another forum member here. As I learned from some other members here, the trick is being patient......if you don't want to overpay.

Of course when you are done, POST DIC PIX! :pepper:

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The panel is one piece. Order one from GM, and you get everything you see in the picture you posted, except the DIC switch. That's a separate item. As Darren mentioned, the harness is all there, ready to go. It's plug-and-play. Really nice upgrade, and worth it, even if you buy the parts new from GM.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plug is there already in your dash, you just either need to cut your stock dash plate or find one already done. The plate itself will come in one piece, same as the picture you linked. You can detach the small section (where you put your DIC o_O ) with a soldering iron or something to melt a fused plastic, which will make it easier on you if you decide to cut out your stock panel yourself.

You might get lucky like I did and get a deal you couldn't refuse on that dash panel, I got the panel (without the DIC cutout) from another forum member here. As I learned from some other members here, the trick is being patient......if you don't want to overpay.

Of course when you are done, POST DIC PIX! :pepper:

thanks, yeah I have seen one or two on Ebay for $180, that's pretty close to new. (I'll post pics, when/if it gets done)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The panel is one piece. Order one from GM, and you get everything you see in the picture you posted, except the DIC switch. That's a separate item. As Darren mentioned, the harness is all there, ready to go. It's plug-and-play. Really nice upgrade, and worth it, even if you buy the parts new from GM.

I think the part is: GM 15923338, with the DIC opening, (GM 15923327, without opening) .. I saw the DIC switches are fairly inexpensive, like $25 - $35 or so.

Although, from the looks, the part with that number actually seems brushed metal, while my dash trim, looks like it, but more gray-ish

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the trim on our trucks is the brushed metal trim.

I will also agree with you that the prices on the used trim pieces are quite high too. No guarantees that the clips are intact or whether the pieces were removed with trim tools as opposed to a screwdriver. :eek:

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the trim on our trucks is the brushed metal trim.

I will also agree with you that the prices on the used trim pieces are quite high too. No guarantees that the clips are intact or whether the pieces were removed with trim tools as opposed to a screwdriver. :eek:

yup, true on the screw driver vs trim tools. Some prices are ridiculous, a used trim part for $179.99 (witch buttons) GM sells it new, for $120 and the new switches are $28 or so.

Spanky

Reaction score
I ordered mine through gm. The dash trim is #20935584 and the DIC switch is #15947841

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine through gm. The dash trim is #20935584 and the DIC switch is #15947841

Hmmm that's a different number than I am seeing (GM 15923338, with the DIC opening,) .. I am getting confused now.

The one you have is also the one with the opening for the switches I assume?

Spanky

Reaction score
yes, their number seem to change often. The parts guy can look up that number and see what supersedes it.
It was the brushed metal with the DIC cut out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts