Add 2011 Navigation to 2013 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggressive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, Newb here - I just picked up a 2013 Yukon and my first mod is adding NAV. Without doing enough research I bought the OEM model 22776896 navigation which I believe came out of a 2011 Avalanche. I found someone on eBay who will unlock it for $100 but he is not sure if he can program a 2011 model Nav to a 2013 Yukon. Has anyone programed an older model navigation to a 2012 or 2013? Is it worth me paying the $100 to try? If I can get it unlocked, what will happen if it is not programmed to the correct type of vehicle? Any input will help.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg Cps audio video. He can unlock and program to your vin for about the same price

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Greg's done a number of radios for me. Man crush on the dude because he rocks. Use him!

OP
OP
aggressive

aggressive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! I will give him a call. Looks like the shop is fairly close to me.

mike1944

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should do a search on here about how lousy the GM Nav is. There's plenty of rants including one of mine over in General Discussion. I would go for a replacement that has Garmin Nav. Anything but GM - it will get you lost. Maybe the new ones are better but I have a 2010 and now use my Garmin exclusively.

Had both of them going after the GM got me good and lost in Calgary:

Garmin: "In one quarter mile take Deerpark off ramp south then bear left to Highway 2 south.

GM: "In one quarter mile turn right then turn left."

If you miss a turn it recalculates the route and doesn't tell you. It signals with lousy hard-to-hear bongs that are either too late or too early.

The only people who say nice things about the GM Nav are people who have never used a Garmin.

I forgot to mention ... what genius put the display down low so you have to take your eyes off the road to see the map?

Last edited:

Yukon_Joey

Reaction score
^ what he said. I just bought a Yukon and the NAV system is terrible. I was going to sell my TomTom but I think I'm going to hold onto it. A near top of the line GPS will cost about what an update disc for the GM NAV costs. It will be much better as well. The only thing the GM NAV has over a good Garmin or TomTom is being in dash.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garmin 5 inch

Black FRIDAY like $100.00

GM in dash does look way cooler though.

OP
OP
aggressive

aggressive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I probably should have done more research before buying it but I am too far invested in it to turn back now. The biggest selling point for me was having the OEM touchscreen for playlists when using the USB, but it turns out its not compatible with Android.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telderjr05

Latest posts