TPMS/Keyless Entry/Heated Seats remote sensor 2013 Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VA_redbeard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2013 Yukon SLT. On a short trip the other night, the “service tire monitor system” message and warning light appears. I get home and try to lock the vehicle and the fob isn’t working. The heated seats don’t work and the lower rear brake lights aren’t working. I’ve checked all fuses and figure it’s the TPMS control unit that controls several features. What I can’t figure out is the brake lights. Anyone got any info they can provide? Thanks in advance.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The brake light switch attached to the pedal assembly causes weird stuff to happen. Does the cruise control work? If not start w/ the brake switch replacement.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

When multiple issues arise, particularly when they seem unrelated, all grounds should be checked to ensure that they are clean and tight.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2013 Yukon SLT. On a short trip the other night, the “service tire monitor system” message and warning light appears. I get home and try to lock the vehicle and the fob isn’t working. The heated seats don’t work and the lower rear brake lights aren’t working. I’ve checked all fuses and figure it’s the TPMS control unit that controls several features. What I can’t figure out is the brake lights. Anyone got any info they can provide? Thanks in advance.
How old is your battery?

Do you have an OBDII adapter and an Apple IPhone? I recently learned that IPhones can read the internal BCM codes with the CarScanner app in the Play Store.

These internal codes will tell you or clue you in as to what is wrong. Might just need a new RCDLR or BCM or battery. A bad cell in an otherwise good battery can wreak havoc on the electrical system. If either module requires replacement, the new ones must be programmed to your vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz