Adaptive cruise control retro fit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe came with collision alert and lane assist but no acc as well.

Let me know if you find anything!

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested as well... But we are missing the steering wheel distance "button" and probably some computer programming... Anything is possible, but "easily" accomplished is probably a different deal.

Worth a look anyhow! Let us know.

OP
OP
toi

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the acc and the crash collision button are the same button. The one on the left with two cars crashing eachother :)
Will take some pictures tomorrow if anything worth mentioning.

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the acc and the crash collision button are the same button. The one on the left with two cars crashing eachother :)
Will take some pictures tomorrow if anything worth mentioning.
It is the same button, I have acc in my tahoe and that button sets the distance for both crash avoidance and acc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamd1719

Reaction score
According to the blog I think only the sensor or module is needed to be purchased ,rest of it needs to be programmed.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
toi

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the blog I think only the sensor or module is needed to be purchased ,rest of it needs to be programmed.

what will be programmed? the bcm?
also we arent sure if the cables are already running that spot and the plug for it , hmmm

hamd1719

Reaction score
also we arent sure if the cables are already running that spot and the plug for it , hmmm
It does say in the blog that the button on the steering wheel are hard wired to BCM.
So I guess only thing to be hooked up is the sensor to the BCM which then send signal to ECM to reduce or increase the speed.

This is what's written in the blog

"The Adaptive Cruise Control distance sensor module contains both the radar sensor and the controller. The radar scans the road environment to detect targets within its specified field of view. The controller then makes throttle and/or brake commands to the Engine Control Module (ECM) and Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) for proper cruise speed adjustment."

The button on the steering wheel
"The Adaptive Cruise Control switches are momentary-type switches that are hard-wired to the BCM. Based on voltage variations, the BCM is able to communicate driver commands to the Adaptive Cruise Control module. The initial press of the gap switch recalls the current setting and activates the display. Subsequent presses of the gap switch will change the gap setting (near, medium or far). The DIC displays the driver-selected following gap. This gap setting also applies to the Forward Collision Alert system and will impact how early or late the collision alert system will warn the driver."

We need a expert on this topic because I'm not one ! One who knows the programming stuff in these cars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonp