Adaptive cruise control retro fit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe me I had the SAME concerns when I bought mine I was going to do the same damn thing. Ended up just finding one with it, its just not worth the headache man.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it wouldn't be... I just picked up a 15' Denali OTD for 60k less then a week ago. 7500 was for taxes, license, n reg.

If I trade it in for just this one feature that I am missing then off the bat I'd lose 7500.

A brand new 17 fully loaded Denali XL would run me ~73k new, otd 81k.

So no... trading it in for just this one feature will cost me an additional 21k.

I don't believe that the cost to retrofit this could exceed that amount...

Not really the best use of math, unfair to compare against a new 17

You should find values for 15s with ACC

Nhtran328

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not really the best use of math, unfair to compare against a new 17

You should find values for 15s with ACC

I'll entertain... 2015 Denali XL are priced in the 52-57k range under 45k miles.

Let's assume I get the super lucky and get another Denali in between at 54k. With Tax, reg, and all other fees that's another 10% that puts OTD at 59.4k

Now I've already paid 7.5k as of last week for tax reg and license. That would mean I'm shelling out a total of 13k on additional fees.

21 - 13 = 8k difference between a 2015 vs 2017. Since this would be financed anyways, why would you take that kind of hit and not just get the newest available?

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have been more clear

In some/most states there's a 30-180 day window where you can get taxes refunded if you resold this truck and get into another one

Enacted to prevent people getting penalized by paying double taxes for essentially one transaction

Or ask your selling dealer you really want ACC, see if he can find one and if he'll take this on back

Nhtran328

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I should have been more clear

In some/most states there's a 30-180 day window where you can get taxes refunded if you resold this truck and get into another one

Enacted to prevent people getting penalized by paying double taxes for essentially one transaction

Or ask your selling dealer you really want ACC, see if he can find one and if he'll take this on back

I wasn't aware of that tax refund. Thank you.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll entertain... 2015 Denali XL are priced in the 52-57k range under 45k miles.

Let's assume I get the super lucky and get another Denali in between at 54k. With Tax, reg, and all other fees that's another 10% that puts OTD at 59.4k

Now I've already paid 7.5k as of last week for tax reg and license. That would mean I'm shelling out a total of 13k on additional fees.

21 - 13 = 8k difference between a 2015 vs 2017. Since this would be financed anyways, why would you take that kind of hit and not just get the newest available?

Lasr year when i was looking for 14 Denali it was expensive for 2 year old SUV, so i start loking fo used 15 and found out i could ge new 16 with rebates for about same price as 15, for loaded 16 it was a few $1000 more. So yeah when paying high 50s for used 15, spend litte bit more and get new one. Dont forget 15+ GM vehicles are not 100k mile powertrain warranty any more, its 60k now so with used vehicle you will be out off warranty in no time if you dony get extended warranty
Just my 2 cents

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powertrain changed in the 2016+ model, 2015 was the last year for the 100,00 mile warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt