AC/Heater Fan control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its still a tight spot... I removed the glove box to replace the resistor and that was a PITA.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FIXED!!

Sunlitcomet was correct...it was the relay behind the glove box. (Side note...your diagram changed so its not the AC system anymore)

Thanks for the help! I wouldnt have found it back there on my own.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it...thanks for the help...the heat wave her has been killing me. Gotta love 110* F heat index and no AC!

brifei

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem with my front AC blower. I also have a 2000 Tahoe Z71 old body style. My blower stops working at all speeds and the control unit lights go on and off. If the blower isnt working and I just tap the front of the control unit it starts to work intermitantly than stops again. Driving me crazy!Any Ideas?

VooDoo73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Comet and all..Sorry for the huge delay in posting an outcome from my issue a while back. Since then I had a tire blowout, a heater hose fiting crack off in my intake, and just a week ago a head gasket fail leaking coolant outside and unfortunately for my wallet inside so it got into my crankcase. That all said the original issue for this reply: No faulty grounding issue was found. I installed a fan speed switch since it burned up once before and was replaced due to internal arcing some years back. Well the new switch didn't work. So I temped the fan on with jumpers during the early summer...no AC only vent. I did find something interesting though..There's a red wire behind the glove box which controls the high blower speed. There's a connector in-line that apparently had a minor meltdown..probably from my first go 'round with the fan speed switch. I repaired the wire and conceded to ordering a new HVAC control head..Someone in the thread mentioned RockAuto.com..I ordered parts from them in the past and they do have fairly competitive prices so that's who I went with this time. I put it in in about 2 min. flat since, other than a theif I can open a Tahoe's dash faster than anyone with all of the after dinner troubleshooting. I now have heat and AC once again.. Yeeha! I'd like to thank all for of the insight because there's NEVER bad information, just information that can be put to good use later.. Now off to my next thread..Cam position sensors..

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the entire dash control unit for $120 from amazon. Mine was the crazy relay that was under the dash behind the blower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900