AC/Heater Fan control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VooDoo73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@ atis... Oh yeah, that's the relay pack next to the 'knuckle mangler' AKA blower motor resistor.. $120 seems to be the average cost, but in the heat of the summer it's worth every cent..

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to clarify... I paid the $120 for the in dash control unit (the selector switches and buttons under the radio). I paid $40 for the knuckle scrapping, finger slicing, four letter word inducing relay under the dash near the resistor. I want to beat the engineer that came up with that location!

RedRocket94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have the same problem i think...
my blower for the heat and a/c doesnt blow out of the dash vents, so i only have heat and air conditioned feet, can someone help me?

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
i have the same problem i think...
my blower for the heat and a/c doesnt blow out of the dash vents, so i only have heat and air conditioned feet, can someone help me?

Same issue for me! I just replaced my heater core and all the rubber tube plus heater valves.

I know now just gotta get new heater dash control. Anyone know how long it takes to get one in to the dealership?

RedRocket94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same issue for me! I just replaced my heater core and all the rubber tube plus heater valves.

I know now just gotta get new heater dash control. Anyone know how long it takes to get one in to the dealership?

you dont know if theres another thing that could be wrong? cuz im in a cash drought and need cheap fixes

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Nope. Same issue as you and that is exactly what I have been told. Cheap fix is go to a junkyard. I found a guy with a 97 Z71 Silverado and he has the part so I orffered him 15.00

VooDoo73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check ebay too... you can find some new/used ones listed most of the time..just make sure you buy the right one for your year/vehicle.. I think '96-'99 are the same..'95 had different connections from what I recall.. Yukon will fit, but not Denali/Escalade.

OP
OP
A

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the dash heat/ac switch control unit from amazon for $110.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz