New to owning a Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwyellowrr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have owned a 2011 Yukon Denali for about a month now. Very happy so far. Driving a full size SUV is a huge upgrade for me . This was a previous car service rig very well maintained and taken care of by the owner. I just lost the high and low beams driving home tonight! Luckily the clear fog lamps are bright enough and got me home. I checked all the fuses(all good) and replaced the headlamp relay , still no head lights ! Can anybody offer some insite?

I have an appointment at the garage that has serviced it since new , but i thought is I could fix it myself. I could save a few dollars.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in. I would say, however, if you've lost both high and low beams to both sides, then the source of the issue may be in your light switch on the dashboard.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned a 2011 Yukon Denali for about a month now. Very happy so far. Driving a full size SUV is a huge upgrade for me . This was a previous car service rig very well maintained and taken care of by the owner. I just lost the high and low beams driving home tonight! Luckily the clear fog lamps are bright enough and got me home. I checked all the fuses(all good) and replaced the headlamp relay , still no head lights ! Can anybody offer some insite?

I have an appointment at the garage that has serviced it since new , but i thought is I could fix it myself. I could save a few dollars.
although rare, it's possible both bulbs burned out, the yukon's use a dual bulb, meaning a single bulb is both high & low beam
could maybe... be the switch but if the running lights come on then maybe less likely but still possible.
you have to do a song & dance to change these bulbs either by pulling the bumper cover or there is a shortcut to do it by removing a few bolts to get the headlight out

that being said you "should" be able to reach the back of one side by removing the wind flap and reaching in, this will allow you to pull the bulb abd check it or try a new bulb
the yukons are wired weird so checking the harness for power can be tricky because again it is a dual bulb and splits for the blinker and running light.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Welcome from SoCal. You’ll need to be familiar with how to pull the headlamp assembly. There’s also a smaller running lamp in the side of the assembly that’s out too.

Don’t be like the guy in the video and touch the bulb with your fingers. The oil in your skin gets on the glass, cooks on the glass and quickly burns out the bulb. Check the fuses before the bulbs because it’s easier. I always used PIAA / Valeo bulbs without the blue tint. They about 15% brighter but there’s no impact on the service life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts