A/C system replacement with rear air, guidance please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
bro, you work in refrigeration. You should've done this a long time ago. :)

Denso makes good condensers too, and they are very reasonably priced @ around $65.

I read Sanden makes an upgraded compressor that isn't supposed to leak like the HT6 design. My compressor is still working, but the previous owner already had it replaced several years ago with an acdelco compressor.

original ht6 type:
05-0121%20Large.jpg

sanden compressor:
20151SNLg.jpg

I just worked on my a/c this week. I just bought whatever the local stores had in stock because I didn't want to wait. I ended up replacing everything except the evaporator, compressor, and the switches. The parts for these trucks are cheap enough to just replace everything, which you might as well do if it's all ripped apart. I used r152a refrigerant in mine though...

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

11oz of pag 150 oil for rear a/c trucks.

Only 8oz for non-rear a/c trucks.

Obviously try to split up the oil and put some in each part. Don't pour it all in the top of the compressor and start the engine. Hopefully you know that.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM sent; shipping is a killer at $54.
Better off buying online with free shipping.
Tbruz

OP
OP
Jerky Arm Ape

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tbruz, thanks for the offer I recon I will just opt for the new one.

I will research the sanden Compressor but will probably opt for the delphi.
Has anyone used the sanden with good results?

If I made what alot of refrigeration techs. Out there made I probably wouldn't daily drive my old Yukon.
I live in a rural area and we start at 16.31 and top out at 19.49 :-<
Just getting in some years of experience so maybe I can relocate to a different area and earn a decent wage for my family doing the same thing.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B003R3SLN0/s=sd/ref=mw_dp_cr
Sanden is pretty cheap, I'm afraid of cheap but that doesn't mean it isn't good.
Just can't find much information on them.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Not really sanden designs and builds them but could be also label a Delco brand or Delphi brand but the Delphi relabel would be more rare. They do do it tho.

Lets put it this way tho. If sanden redesigned it for better and Delphi has not yet then get a true sanden. Delphi or Delco will catch on.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
a new original design from delco is $205 at rock auto.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Uh btw I think ac sells clones. At least the compressor by itself on their site says it is a sanden clone.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Tho they say suppliers are oem brands too.

OP
OP
Jerky Arm Ape

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Acparts.com has where you can search for the sanden part #
I found the sanden sight, showed a 4440 for these trucks.

I searched for it and came up with this: (which shows sanden on the label)
http://acparts.com/09-4440-p-301278.html

I believe we have the genuine available here.

I think I'd still like to use ac delco for the other parts,
Acparts.com has poor descriptions and I'm not sure who makes the rest of the components.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Plus there's nothing that depicts the kit to fit models with or with out rear air

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave