A/C low-side valve replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobbrown6507

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
Can anyone explain how to relpace the A/C low-side valve on my 97 yukon 5.7. It appears different than the typical r-134a Schrader type valve core. My high-side is the Schrader type, but my low-side is different. It will accept a charge so I am certain it is in working order. It simply leaks slowly. I cannot determine how to remove it or tighten it. Thanks.

PLUMBDUMB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did you ever get an answer to your ac problem? It sounds l have the same problem. Do you have any advice?

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
Very old thread but Ill still help ya out. There is a section at Vatozone that has misc parts for window cranks to door handles, here you should find a package of AC valves. The package was $5 at my local store and had valves for high and low side for various applications.

Last edited:

94yj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just be careful as it may be under pressure they make a special tool to remove the schrader valve when ac system is charged

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
most a/c shops have the tool set that lets them change the core with a very minimal loss of freon. the kits made for schrader quick connect valve setups are only sold by a few distributors like snap-on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StayStoney

Latest posts