97 Yukon not holding fuel pressure when off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tribute2Troops

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I checked my fuel pressure today and at start up its was 62 and then steadied off at 58, but immediately dropped down to nothing when turned off. What should my next steps be. Thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Believe there was a check valve in the pump that keeps it from dropping off as much as possible assuming injectors or regulator have no issues. Sounds like your regulator is working just fine. injectors stuck open.. well...you would know it. unless you seems to have other issues you can probably jut leave it with no harm done. anything else happening?

OP
OP
T

Tribute2Troops

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been chasing random misfire and too rich codes, along with tough starting. If i turn the key super fast it starts right up. But if i do a normal start up it struggle unless i peg the throttle. I have done the following new mafs, tps, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and a temp senor by the intake( cant remember its proper name).

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you should have mentioned all that because now it makes it sound like the injectors are sticking open or the fuel body is leaking somewhere like the regulator just enough to create havoc but still keep pressure from getting to high.

eswarden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree with SunlitComet. You might want to take the throttle body off and look to see if you have raw fuel all over the intake. That will help to determine if it's a leaking regulator. If it is, then just replace the spider with the MPFI upgrade. If you have an inspection mirror, you might can check without having to remove the TB.

OP
OP
T

Tribute2Troops

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fuel pressure regulator was pouring gas. So swap in a new one and knock on wood all seems well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019