Fuel Pressure Test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been seeing all sorts of different numbers all over the internet so that’s why I was kinda confused. Sorry I forgot to mention, the truck is a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT, 5.3L V8 Naturally Aspirated with Flex Fuel and is not hybrid. Although I wish I bought the hybrid one in 09
correct "engine running" psi is 43-45 psi for your 2009 5.3l as noted in the photo above taken from the dealer service manual.

OP
OP
MackAttack

MackAttack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ooooh ok awesome. I’m starting to think it’s the fuel pump in my opinion. Randomly the car bogs and feels like it’s struggling for some reason. It’s the same feeling as if the car is about to run out of gas, and randomly the car feels extremely sluggish or feels like I’m towing a ginormous boat. Today while on my way to the auto parts store, the check engine light popped up. I had my friend scan it at the store, and he said it was an 02 sensor or something with the smog, and that the coolant temp sensor was out reading a high voltage. He said there were 2 more faults I think, but I didn’t read them on the scanner but not sure, went to autozone to scan it but they only showed the first 2 faults. I don’t know if this has to do with fuel, but the car now shifting like garbage. The car is literally throwing the shifts, and I can feel absolutely everything the transmission is doing. Its shifting feels horrendous and extreme late or extremely early. Could this be the fuel issue too? The truck has 165,000 miles on it. What other tests would you like me to do on the truck
Mack :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk