95 yukon sputtering mising

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your findings. Depending on if you have emissions testing or not, I'd probably just throw the EGR out and cap it off.

It's been years since I've worked on that generation, but I don't recall a tattle tail for that system if disabled.

OP
OP
travo87

travo87

Reaction score
Deleting the egr is that possible even with the egr solenoid.

OP
OP
travo87

travo87

Reaction score
OK so real quick, what would make the rpm needle bounce radically back and forth when accelerating but at idle purrs like kitten curious about this one thanks yall foe all the great info advice

OP
OP
travo87

travo87

Reaction score
OK so everyone who has been following along on here with me on this yukon missing sputtering well now it won't start don't know why can't figure it out so I wnr ahead and started tearing it down from the intake and so forth. Well I got the intake off and I come to find out why my egr wasn't working the ports were clogged Hella bad like solid exhaust sut I had to beat it with a picks there is another colperite will.post more throughout the rebuild

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inspect cam while intake off. Obviosly your "miss" wasn't effected by a plugged EGR. I would check electrical first, then fuel. Any codes set prior to disassembly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n