95 yukon sputtering mising

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

travo87

Reaction score
So my yukon 95 obd1 is acting like it is missing when accelerated like when I floor it it misses but it has new spark plugs wires distributor battery all that if ya have dealt with this please let me know

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure thr firing order is correct:
18436572 should be for that era I believe. A misplaced wire can act like that. Also, did you set the timing after replacing the cap and rotor with a timing light?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No crankshaft position sensor. It's a 95. Spark is good new plugs, wires, coil, and distributor. Fuel pressure??? Don't know.
My apologizes. When I checked, https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2419754&cc=1166419&pt=7196&jsn=883, I did see a crankshaft position sensor listed for a 1995 Yukon, with a 5.7 engine. The listing at RA could be wrong but that is what I went by.

Maybe I got mixed up with the run on sentence, with no periods or punctuation. I am old. It confuses me.

Last edited:

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those tbi had a few issues to look at that could also be the culprit. while its running at idle have your while pan air cleaner assembly removed and physically look at the injectors spray pattern. it should be a nice clean cone. slowly open the throttle by hand and continue to watch the spray pattern to make sure it stays the same but the pulse speeds up. also look real close that you dont see drips of extra fuel at anytime during this visual test. also make sure you dont see any fuel coming out of the back of the tbi. if you see any of these issues its due for a tbi rebuild. the seals around the injectors can fail causing extra fuel to get dumped in especially at wot. if has been touched previously there's several things that can have been done incorrectly so be on the lookout for that. in the back half of the tbi is the fuel regulator. its just a spring operated diaphragm that can fail may not be visibly apparently besides the cone pattern gets crappy as you open the throttle blades.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those tbi had a few issues to look at that could also be the culprit. while its running at idle have your while pan air cleaner assembly removed and physically look at the injectors spray pattern. it should be a nice clean cone. slowly open the throttle by hand and continue to watch the spray pattern to make sure it stays the same but the pulse speeds up. also look real close that you dont see drips of extra fuel at anytime during this visual test. also make sure you dont see any fuel coming out of the back of the tbi. if you see any of these issues its due for a tbi rebuild. the seals around the injectors can fail causing extra fuel to get dumped in especially at wot. if has been touched previously there's several things that can have been done incorrectly so be on the lookout for that. in the back half of the tbi is the fuel regulator. its just a spring operated diaphragm that can fail may not be visibly apparently besides the cone pattern gets crappy as you open the throttle blades.
Also to note, those TBI units can have the gasket under the unit get dry rotted and cracked up. They then suck air below the spray pattern.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it happens at WOT, most likely is FPR kit needed. As Drakon mentioned. Timing is also a little suspect as these do not like over advanced more than about 2 degrees depending on other things. After replacing FPR, a relearn of IAC is warrented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19