• Only rear brackets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No gap guards

• Yes gap guards

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prohunter98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering I am about to purchase a 3" body lift for my 95 2 dr Chevy Tahoe and was gonna see do I need bumper brackets front and rear or no and do I need gap guards? Thanks for the help

28wombats

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I say no gap guards, but do both bumpers. If you can weld you can make the brackets yourself, but even though I do weld, the kit with the brackets is worth the time to me!

Question for you now:
I have done body lifts on this year model chevy truck, but not automatic Tahoe. Was the automatic shift cable an issue? Did you really have to pull out the carpet to adjust it? I was thinking of going from underneath and busting the clip from the bottom to pull some slack from there.

Jerky Arm Ape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kit should come with front bumper brackets.
If it doesn't, I'd Definately buy them.
Or purchase a kit that does come with them.
Performance accessories is the original manufacturer for most brands of body lifts, I just buy theirs, they come with front brackets and have been making them since the beginning of their time.
The rear would look better with the bumper lifted but then you'd have to modify the hitch receiver if equipped with towing package or you'll have unusual gap between bumper and receiver.... then the gas tank sits noticably lower if in the rear, if not the tank then the spare.
IIRC, you have the spare in the cab and the tank in the rear behind bumper....
So I'd probably do without, I decided no rear bumper brackets on mine.
Gap guards are personal preference, decide after you install.

28 wombats, I've never had to alter the shift cable on any of mine, or the fuel filler hose but I do detach both during install just incase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V2Tahoe