93 blazer random stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
93fsblazer

93fsblazer

Reaction score
How much more? I've always just thrown in the 5qts like the manual says. I know I won't know the difference I guess in till I actually hook it up. If you have the diagrams and part numbers on hand I wouldn't mind them.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
nobody has really figured out the difference but i would gather less then 1/2 quart. use this link for pic diagram and partial numbers: http://www.gmpartseast.com/chevy/co...il-cooler-lines-tc010380501-l05m30k10516.html.

then use this link to match description and partial number to get complete gm number and use that to shop around at dealers or amazon or rockauto. Maybe even the junk yard. I think a parts used are fine if cleaned properly but would not get used lines, qd connectors or gaskets obviously: http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts-list/1993-chevrolet-blazer/engine-oil-cooler-lines.html

Need to get you guys to do this more often so as to understand how to track them down on your own. of course if you need any help at all feel free to ask.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
they should just not turn off unless the pcm, icm or crank sensor is malfunctioning.
but also make sure the injector wires are not pinched under the air cleaner. if so twist them one turn.

OP
OP
93fsblazer

93fsblazer

Reaction score
I didn't think they had crank sensors, I'll look into it. I'm leaning to the pcm or a faulty wire. The wires aren't pinched in the breather, it was off when we were looking at it earlier. If it is the pcm do I replace just the pcm or the pcm and prom?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
sorry getting sleepy. no crank. your is triggered by dizzy signal. if the ecm is replaced you take the prom from the old one and insert it into the new one.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
most likely. the prom is like the tune file on the tbi systems. it holds the system calibrations for running things. if it failed it likely would not just fail randomly in different ways just the same way all the time. the pcm can have intermittent failures that can effect one driver output such as an injector or another like a fuel pump relay output. What brought you to see that the injectors quit? haveyou veyfied with noids by any chance?

OP
OP
93fsblazer

93fsblazer

Reaction score
We were just standing there looking at vacuum hoses, and they just stopped. Every time it would stumble they would stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daily Bread