9" lift pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does any one have some pics of a 96 hoe with a 9 "inch lift im thinking about lifting mine , i also want to run 38.5's thanks

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
you wont find it here, infact im amazed they dont run you out for wanting to lift a tahoe. your plans sound cool though.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chill out man so what some people have different taste then you.

Yes there are people on here that have 9" of lift 99coop has 6+3 and 35s and this one has 6+3 with something like 33's i think

picture.jpg

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
Yea like 992door said im running about 9". i actually have 6" + 2" but with about an inch cranked on keys it sits at 9. 38.5's are a bit much imo, but have been done pretty frequently, I prefer somewhere closer to a 37 which I will be running come spring.

OP
OP
K

knotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i would be ok with some 37's lol .......here is a question for all you lowering guys why lower a 4x4 ??? i like them slamed if it was a 2x4 .

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah...i have a 3" body...i can't stand seeing the frame. if i had my way, i'd take it off and put a 4"-6" suspension. i initially got it cuz it was cheap and i wanted to fit bigger tires. i bought mine with 245s and it just looked WEAK....so back then, i wanted some 285s so i got my goodyear MTRs and the lift for way under $900. i bought the MTRs when they just came out. i still can't believe i spent $150 a tire for them.

Last edited:

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
yeah...i have a 3" body...i can't stand seeing the frame. if i had my way, i'd take it off and put a 4"-6" suspension. i initially got it cuz it was cheap and i wanted to fit bigger tires. i bought mine with 245s and it just looked WEAK....so back then, I got my goodyear MTRs and the lift for way under $900. i bought the MTRs when they just came out. i still can't believe i spent $150 a tire for them.

Oh dont get me wrong i think they can look good, all sizes of body lifts have always gotten bad press imo, but when done correctly they can look just fine. The only reason i went with the 2" was just cause i already had a moderate susp. lift from before. Any type of steps or bars really help hide the frame and return it to a near stock look but with the additional height.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true...that's why i've looked into getting some sort of step bar to hide it a little. i didn't move the rear bumper up, instead i bought some rubber molding and put it between the body and bumper and it came out looking really good. i'll take some pics tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10