$65 Phone Mirroring to Dash and Rear Screens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how you would transmit the video. We're sending the video through the component inputs.

mikemal565

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great write up...I'm using a ipod touch 4 64gb...(TV out composite cables) I use the rear aux to play all my movies for the kids in the back....I hotspot my Galaxy S5 and run apps off it too...Not a true screen mirror, but I was getting angry at trying to convert all the movies to the SD card that it would read about 20% of the time.

I may do this for my Galaxy S5...The screen mirror looks awesome and the ipod touch has its limitations....now how big of an SD card lol

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its so worth the $70. Its not HD but I was pleasantly surprised how good the picture was. And being able to stream basically anything on your phone is priceless.

I'm using AnyDVD and Handbrake to backup my movies. I have about 30 copied over and not one of them has an issues in the truck. IN fact I'm able to play 2 movies at the same time off a single SD card. Its pretty cool i wasn't expecting the RSE to be this good. There are some issues with convenience's i wont get into, but technically its pretty stout. You just have to feed it what it likes.

This is the card i used. Also make sure you format any SD card to FAT32. My card came as exFat so you have to format it to FAT32. Its kind of a pain to format the card to FAT32 but the truck doesn't seem to like exFAT. There are programs you can download to format to FAT32.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008PO5CSI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Follow these peramitors when backing up DVD's-

Format: MPEG, AVI, DIVX,Playable movie file: .avi, .mpg,.mp4, .divx, .xvid, .wmv.
Playable codec format: divx,xvid, mpeg-1, mpeg-4 (mpg4,mp42, mp43), wmv9 (wmv3)
Max video bitrate:
‐ mpeg-1: 8Mbps
‐ mpeg-4 (mpg4, mp42, mp43):
4Mbps
‐ wmv9: 3 Mbps
‐ divx 3: 3 Mbps
‐ divx 4/5/6: 4.8 Mbps
‐ xvid: 4.5 Mbps"

Last edited:

vp46

Reaction score
One of those should work as long as you convert from HDMI to RCA using the $60 deal they were talking about.

(it's gawd awful to look at all those wires though...)

OmegaRoach

Reaction score
One of those should work as long as you convert from HDMI to RCA using the $60 deal they were talking about.

(it's gawd awful to look at all those wires though...)
EXACTLY! My wife has already put in her two cents on the wires.

wheeler23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last edited:

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EXACTLY! My wife has already put in her two cents on the wires.

Its not that bad. I hate wires and clutter more then anyone. I do wish you could hide the power to the USB and component cables but there's nothing you can do about that. They could've probably done done a better job hidden these inputs. But other then that there's a single USB cable which runs under the back and side of the center console. I have mine sitting rolled up in the storage pocket next to your legs. I'll take some pictures of it later.

You can make it even a cleaner install if you could tuck every under the center console. If I can figure out how to lift the back of the console up slightly i'll give it a try. Pretty sure there's more then enough room under that console. But all this will do is clear up the storage in the back of the console.

Last edited:

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hosseface, thanks for great idea and work around. I ordered all recommend items you suggested only to realize I only needed one of the items. I only needed:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008FO7PQA

And

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009W9RXVO/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3TG9YEWX61L6A

$30 + $7. Sweet deal. Also not so many wires in my setup and it doesn't need any power to work. Bad news is I have a USB power plug I don't need and another random mhl adapter I didn't need. My setup is component cables go to inside of console as well as converter and hdmi to micro hdmi out to phone. Nothing needs power. The phone I have is a BlackBerry Z30 with I love but that's for a different forum. Any questions feel free to ask. Thanks again for idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA