60/40 rear seat fold down..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCal03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
NEED HELP!

I figured out the part about folding the seat bottom all the way forward, but I did notice a crimp in the cable that is supposed to "actuate" or release the headrest to fold down. It's beyond the point of repair, I know it needs replacing. Is there any bypass or was of getting it to fold down? I've pulled with a set of pliers, but the head rest still won't fold down.

Part 2. How hard is it to remove the rear seat leather (cover, I imagine) to replace the faulty cable?

This should be a recall or something..

Thanks in advance, Chris

blaqout

King Yukon
Reaction score
LMAO, I just grabbed a 2001 Suburban for a winter truck and could not figure out how to let the seat down for nothing. Thank goodness for this forum, LOL!

wh134802

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Solution to the rear seat latch not working

I have a 1997 Tahoe 5.7L 4 Door with the 60/40 rear seating.

The cable which releases the rear seat to drop down broke and the 60 seat would not fold down.

From behind the seat you will see a small opening where the seat meets the floor carpet. Take a flashlight and a flat head screw driver and push on the latch which will release the seat. I used a second driver to wedge the seat up so I could see in there and find the release latch. Then my tool (flat head driver) to push on the release latch.

I tried for about an hour to address the problem from the front looking at the assembly. But then realized I could see the actual latch from the small opening where the bed meets the seat.

Hope this helps someone out there

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65