60/40 rear seat fold down..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I feel like a moron...the rear seats in my 'Hoe are being a pain..how do i fold them down. The owners manual says there should be a lever thats marked "1" to pull down...its not there anywhere. The seat bottom has the strap you pull up to lift but we cant figure out how to fold the seat backs flat..ive looked everywhere and cant figure it out lol.

M.M. 700

Reaction score
Are you talking the second row seats? if so, They do not fold back. The fold forward. Lift the strap on the lower portion of the seat and grab the back of the seat and push forward.

The 3rd row does not fold back either. There is numbered levers on both seats. Pull in order to remove/or pull lever and fold forward.

Last edited:

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
If you are talking about the ones with the numbered levers all the way in the back, they are the 50/50 rear split, not the 60/40. 60/40 is the 2nd row bench seat.

For the 60/40 2nd row, do what MM 700 said. For the 50/50 3rd row, folding the seats up follows the #1,#2, #3 lever process but putting the seats down isn't the exact reverse of this so its a little misleading. If your 50/50 seats are already folded up, push the seat toward the front of the vehicle gently while pulling the #3 lever toward you (it rotates down toward the floor). The folded seat/backrest should then rotate down to lock on the rear-most anchor points. You then lift lever #1 to release the backrest and pull the backrest to the upright position.

-B

Last edited:
OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i meant fold foward..and yeah its the 60/40 2nd row bench..i dont thave the 3rd row seat, thankfully! Wow ok so i just force it down...i didnt wanna break anything by strong arming it! lol Ill give it a try in a few mins.

M.M. 700

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to force it. Make sure the bottom portion of the seat is position fully forward. I think there is a release cable on the lower portion, that allows the back part of the seat to fold...

Try both sides, maybe the one side you are messing with is $%^&ed up.

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
If the seat back doesn't come forward then you have the seat bottom down all the way. There is no magic click or anything like that.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i felt like a ****..the seat bottom wasnt folded all the way up because the front seats were to far back. Thanks guys.

GJamil3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOL dont feel so bad when I got my 04 Hoe I had the same problem and the book does say look for handle #1, and then all of a sudden on a RAINY DAY WE HAD TO FOLD THEM DOWN AND IT JUST HAPPENED AFTER WE PUT MY DRIVER SEAT UP. sO IF YOUR A MORON THEN i GUESS WE WERE TOO THAT DAY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65