5305 Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrSnacks

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my McGaughy's 5" drop springs on my 08 Tahoe with better drop sprigs. I've been looking around and doing a bit of research on drop springs and I've been debating on the 5305 springs. Does anyone know the part number for the springs or where I can buy them? Thanks guys.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The part number is 5305.
Blazed had a slightly used set he was selling so you can hit him up

lowexpo

Reaction score
Your gonna need helper bags too with those (using 1" spacer gets it close to level without 3rdrow in). 3/4 or more of coil is compressed with no load, your basically have 2 wounds of spring that are not touching. I'm not impressed with these springs at all.

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your gonna need helper bags too with those (using 1" spacer gets it close to level without 3rdrow in). 3/4 or more of coil is compressed with no load, your basically have 2 wounds of spring that are not touching. I'm not impressed with these springs at all.
I am seeing a trend of more people not liking these lately. Did something with the springs change?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I am seeing a trend of more people not liking these lately. Did something with the springs change?
Nothing changed with them, they are just too soft. That's why I has to get rid of them. On the other hand, the 4230 is too firm. If I had to choose between the two though, I would go with the 5305.

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing changed with them, they are just too soft. That's why I has to get rid of them. On the other hand, the 4230 is too firm. If I had to choose between the two though, I would go with the 5305.

I know they suck for towing without bags, but what about just for 2-3 heavy people in the car? plus I will be changing the shocks to what you recommended. Also i know you said it in the thread when you change your springs, but how do you feel about the ones you have now?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
With over 600 pounds of people or items, those springs really start to diplay their softness in a real harsh way. The shocks I have helps though becuase when I had Belltech SP shocks the rear end felt like it was floating. That's only good for even smooth roads (which is rare). Anywhere else, it sucks.
The spings I have now are like the 5305s, with less closely wound coils. So the ride is more firm, but not as firm as the 4230s. It is good for overall daily driving though when paired with the Bilstein rear shocks.
I will soon be changing the front struts too so stay tuned. :secret:

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With over 600 pounds of people or items, those springs really start to diplay their softness in a real harsh way. The shocks I have helps though becuase when I had Belltech SP shocks the rear end felt like it was floating. That's only good for even smooth roads (which is rare). Anywhere else, it sucks.
The spings I have now are like the 5305s, with less closely wound coils. So the ride is more firm, but not as firm as the 4230s. It is good for overall daily driving though when paired with the Bilstein rear shocks.
I will soon be changing the front struts too so stay tuned. :secret:

I really have to get out there one day. as soon as i pull up. :drool: lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts