5.3 basic mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eFans take a lot of juice to run. If you have a stock ~105a alt you'll likely feel some drain when the eFans kick on. I already had the bigger 145a alt stock so when I went to eFans I didn't notice anything. I just did the 'big 3' upgrade too...that helps a lot. A lot of people of have swicthed to eFans (either factory or aftermarket) upgrade their alt. You don't have to but it helps.

Corvette servo firms up shifts...especially the 1-2 which slips a lot. Good upgrade that will make your transmission a lil happier. Plenty of how-to posts about it...search it.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
assuming you get a set of efans from a scrap yard... you will need an wire harness and an overdrive pulley for the alternator (this will pretty much eliminate the need for a larger alternator). You can actually pick both items up from Black Bear Performance for $120

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but get ready in case your one of the few that does have e-fan issues.
Some do, some dont.

what are the issues some experience? i have wanted to get e-fans for a while. maybe come tax time i can get e-fans and tune. i already have CAI, plugs and wires, MAF, exhaust.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
not working, blowing relays, then car over heating.
Like mentioned, having to add a larger alt to compensate if you have the lower wattage one,etc.
But if you can get them to work, like an 05-06 flawless, then yes, worth it.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not working, blowing relays, then car over heating.
Like mentioned, having to add a larger alt to compensate if you have the lower wattage one,etc.
But if you can get them to work, like an 05-06 flawless, then yes, worth it.

I resemble that remark lol.. The issue I have is not with the tune or harness, its something with my truck or the fans I purchased from a scrap yard. I'm about to buy a second set of fans (new) if my coolant temp sensor isn't the problem so I have put some coin into this upgrade. I had a tech check my truck this week and the computer is telling fans the to come on just not sure why so soon. My truck runs fine in the cooler weather with them unplugged as long as it doesn't idle for like 10 minutes. I WILL GET MY FANS TO WORK RIGHT/rant.

still can't beat the efans during the summer months though. I have the smaller pulley, but will not install it until fans function right.

I seem to be the only person with the constant on problem if that makes you feel better.

andrew383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most recent problems with the ones on PT are from wrong installations...

There are planty of guys running the stock efan with no problems...

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm one of them. I put stock eFans on my 03 from an 05 Tahoe. They were in good shape & I've had zero issues using the BlackBear harness. New motors are pretty cheap from gmpartsdirect.com. I prefer the oe setup because it looks completely factory when you pop the hood, they are darn quiet, & the used oe fans are way cheaper than any aftermarket set new.

Cameron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10