4 High Mod questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a relay harness for my hids. I was thinking about the 4 high mod and figured i could do it with the harness, I just need a couple of diodes. Here are my questions. Why the hell would I want to do 4 high if I've already got HIDs? Would it look weird having 6000k HIDs and yellow halogen lamps together? What are the benefits of 4 high anyways, all I know is you get more light but I already have HIDs so I don't know how it would help? Sorry I just love mods and this one is easy, so I just want to know if it's worth my time.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Don't use the diode trick please use the relay kit instead. When you turn on the high beams it actually shuts off your low beams. If you don't need passing beam effects just put hids in the highs and advance your switch timing to account for the hid warm up on the high beams.

OP
OP
MC153

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use the diode trick please use the relay kit instead. When you turn on the high beams it actually shuts off your low beams. If you don't need passing beam effects just put hids in the highs and advance your switch timing to account for the hid warm up on the high beams.

Well it will be hooked up to the ddm harness relay. Figured I don't need to buy two relay harnesses. Just mainly wanna know the benefits so I know if it's worth the shot. Right now I'm leaning away from it just because I think it will look weird having yellow halogens with bluish hids.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
yes it will look weird, but who is going to see it? get hids for the highs too

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you now i still have not done mine. Got the relay kit but no HB hids yet. Been wanting to upgrade and expand power system under the hood but never set money aside. DO have a cheap batt terminal crimper now tho.

OP
OP
MC153

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not gonna do it if I can't use a diode with the DDM harness. I don't think it would harm anything. It will still be going through a relay, just gonna be on the DDM harness. I just don't wanna have two relay harnesses and a big wiring mess. It's already pretty bad with the HIDs in taking up some room in there. Just in case you don't understand what i wanna do I'll explain it better. I want to run a diode from the positive high beam wire to the positive low beam wire. The low beam harness then connects into the DDM harness which goes to the relay. From the relay to the low beam HIDs.

OP
OP
MC153

MC153

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if there might be problems I'm not gonna screw with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DetcJohnKimble

Latest posts