2ML70 Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Knagawa350

Knagawa350

Reaction score
I forget if I asked already or not, in your research did you find any difference between years of trannys. I know they changed the aux fluid pump from 08,09 to 10. anything internal?

mines a 11 and there's a 09 caddy local that got crashed, looks clean I was going to contact them about picking up the tranny for a spare and maybe the gauge cluster, cause they look kinda wild.

any clue about the 2wd or 4wd being able to be swapped around by changing the tail shafts?

you're kinda then only one that's had hands on inside of one, at least this late in time. maybe some dealer techs did when new, but long gone info.

I just saw a youtube that popped up on my feed of a shop trying to fix one, and said they couldn't get trannys or parts. so the truck went to the junkyard. such a shame.
It looks like they made it pretty universal to swap out the tail piece on a 2wd for the tail and transfer case on the 4wd. You might have to swap out propeller shafts also, there is only one through the entire transmission. I think they tried to keep everything as cheap as possible through the whole series l, so I would assume that just aux pump which probably runs on 12v anyways is the only difference but don’t quote me.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good info. universal makes sense. I think dodge was involved in and used them in a aspan too.
there's a 2wd one that's been up for awhile, but I've not wanted to buy it and it be useless. this caddy popped up now 4wd. but don't know a price. there's another listing about 3 hours away with a t case for 800$. but I don't feel like driving that far lol.

I'm taking their word for it if they are good anyways. so I'm expecting to have to go thru one if I need it anyways.

and news on yours?

OP
OP
Knagawa350

Knagawa350

Reaction score
good info. universal makes sense. I think dodge was involved in and used them in a aspan too.
there's a 2wd one that's been up for awhile, but I've not wanted to buy it and it be useless. this caddy popped up now 4wd. but don't know a price. there's another listing about 3 hours away with a t case for 800$. but I don't feel like driving that far lol.

I'm taking their word for it if they are good anyways. so I'm expecting to have to go thru one if I need it anyways.

and news on yours?
I do know the front wheel drive unit is completely different, as quoted by transmissions digest.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yes.. I've seen those pics. there's a version in a German something too. but even thou that's rwd it's probably totally different too.

OP
OP
Knagawa350

Knagawa350

Reaction score
FINALLY AN UPDATE FROM CHEVY!!!

So after three weeks of arguing with them to do a diagnostic which they didn’t want to for whatever reason I spoke to the general manager. They were mostly worried I didn’t want to not pay for the diagnostic, if it was something they couldn’t fix. All said and done I just got the call, they ran the diagnostic and found NOTHING. They said I was right and probably just need to reprogram the TCU which they can fmdo Thursday, hopefully this works, but they were awesome enough to drop the diagnostic fee for my time. Later this week I will let you know if she’s on the road or I’m taking ideas for what to do with it.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you get anywhere with them?

if you need to just flash gm modules yourself, I found a cheap ish dongle from the pcm hacking guys. I think it was 149$. but it allowed me to log into gm's acdelco site, pay the 50$ for access and flash about 6 different modules in my volt that had updates. I haven't got around to checking for updates in the yukon, but I will when I have time. the gm site does require a pretty good window 11 laptop to run their nonsense thou.

just a thought if you can't get them to flash what you need flashed for some reason

OP
OP
Knagawa350

Knagawa350

Reaction score
did you get anywhere with them?

if you need to just flash gm modules yourself, I found a cheap ish dongle from the pcm hacking guys. I think it was 149$. but it allowed me to log into gm's acdelco site, pay the 50$ for access and flash about 6 different modules in my volt that had updates. I haven't got around to checking for updates in the yukon, but I will when I have time. the gm site does require a pretty good window 11 laptop to run their nonsense thou.

just a thought if you can't get them to flash what you need flashed for some reason
It’s in line to be flashed, they apparently have a bunch of stuff getting reprogrammed. I was told Thursday or Friday earliest and middle of next week latest. So just waiting for the call. They had to reprogram the TCU to match the ECU aka the relearn we all were wondering about. It actually adjusts the the crank position for both to match up to start the car. Got an apology from the tech that refused to look at it, he didn’t realize I knew a few things. The cost to reprogram is only 199.95 so basically the same as the software and dongle, and I’m great with computers, I can manage but nothing like digging into a bunch of different softwares

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh. I was thinking last Thursday.

but man, what do they have only one tech that can plug in a laptop and hit the enter button haha. you'd think at this point any tech could update software on the dealer network in 10mins time. wild.

hope they get you sorted eventually.

OP
OP
Knagawa350

Knagawa350

Reaction score
ahh. I was thinking last Thursday.

but man, what do they have only one tech that can plug in a laptop and hit the enter button haha. you'd think at this point any tech could update software on the dealer network in 10mins time. wild.

hope they get you sorted eventually.
They’ve been busy every time I’ve been down there they have a waiting line of cars. I don’t know why they’re so popular for service, they’re definitely not the cheapest in town. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was done Thursday and nobody called

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems all the new LT engines are failing left and right with long wait times for replacements. so I'm not surprised the dealer looks packed. throw in these new 10 speeds seem to be randomly eating themselves alive. it's a heck of a time to be a tech for gm getting paid warranty rates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar