285 70 17. will they fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

86mk7

Reaction score
The wheels I'm looking at are 17x8 with a +10mm offset with a 4.92 back space.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before I was lifted I ran t 17x8 with 4.5" bs and had to run 265s so I could clear. I wasnt cranked though

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
96Chevy (a member on here) runs 285's/xx/16 - i believe he did a 1" crank up front.

I'm not sure if he lifted the rear (i.e. blocks) or if he had to cut the front. But the 285's look sick on his rig.

Send him a PM or maybe someone else with 285's can chime in.

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 285 Terra Grapplers on 4.5" BS rims. Check out the pics in my profile. I rub still even with a 2" crank. Keep in mind, I have factory flares that stick out a tiny bit more and still have the factory valance. They look good, but if I had to do it over again, I'd just grab some 265 Terra Grapplers from summitracing for $123/each instead of the $200+ I paid for these 10 plys. I have a big heavy grill guard that sank my truck from when I first cranked it, so I'm probably at around 1.5" now...it did rub slightly less without the guard on it.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Hotrod - your rig looks awesome with those 285's!

Where are you rubbing? Any chance for closeup photos of the rub spots?

Do you think a rim w/5" backspacing would have helped?

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The edges of the tires rub at the bottoms of the wheel openings in the back where it curves towards the center of the vehicle. It could be trimmed easily and not noticeable unless you knew what to look for. The valance also rubs at the back corner when the wheels are half-lock, but that's super easy to trim and looks factory if you cut it down at an angle. 5" backspacing on the rims would help as it would probably stop the rubbing on the inner fender.

OP
OP

86mk7

Reaction score
Hey hot rod. That's exacly what our truck looks like except we don't have flares. Truck looked great. Only difference is our truck has black bumpers instead of Chrome. And ours is still black and white. Lol

muddymoose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have 285/75/16 dick cepek fc2s under my stock tahoe, i thought there was no rub. .. but when i came back from my last off road trip i realized i was wrong when i'm stuffed fully i got a lil rub on my outside tire edge, chewed into my lugz a bit oh no!! still happy with it though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts