285 70 17. will they fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86mk7

Reaction score
What do I need to fit these on a pretty much stock truck. I'm looking at aftermarket 17s right now. I don't want to trim the front bumper either. Will a small torsion crank clear just fine

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes they will fit just fine so long as you do not have some crazy offset or back spacing on your wheels

OP
OP

86mk7

Reaction score
They'll be pretty mellow backspacing. Nothing realy crazy. Just some 17x8 or 17x9 with around 4in backspacing and an all terrain bfg retread style tire.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 inch is more than stock so you may need to trim the valance and the inner rear part of the fender (I just cut that area out)

OP
OP

86mk7

Reaction score
Well Damn. I'm not cutting anything since its all new. Guess ill stick to a 265 70 17 then. I thought I read that 285 would fit. I can d a small crank but I can't cut anything.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 8" of lift on 35s and still cut. It is inside the wheel well, no one is teh wiser and the average guy can never tell

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
4" backspace is what is getting you...if you look at rims that are 5"+, I've been told you can clear with just a little crank.

As a caveat, I'm just learning all of this myself and just passing on info...if someone here has actual experience (compared to me), pls chime in.

Check out the OBS "Exterior" forum on this site, i posted a few diagrams within the last few days that explain backspacing and what our rigs need to clear certain sized tires.

OP
OP

86mk7

Reaction score
For what I've found in a black wheel that we like its always around 4.5 back spacing. I've found a few 5 inch back spacing tho to. The offset is what I don't get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz