285 70 17. will they fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always had the same problem....looked like a knife was rubbing my tires where the fender lip rols in was slicing the tire.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
That's good info Slomo....

My tires, 285/70R17 and rims 17x9 (5" BS) are in and currently being clear powder coated!! I'm picking them up this week and will report where it rubs.

I did some prelim measurements on Sunday and I "should" clear the front lower valence w/o an issue. The spot that has me worried...full lock and the back of the tire rubbing near the back(inside) of the fender well.

I'll take close up pics and show everyone when it's completed.

slomo26

Reaction score
That's good info Slomo....

My tires, 285/70R17 and rims 17x9 (5" BS) are in and currently being clear powder coated!! I'm picking them up this week and will report where it rubs.

I did some prelim measurements on Sunday and I "should" clear the front lower valence w/o an issue. The spot that has me worried...full lock and the back of the tire rubbing near the back(inside) of the fender well.

I'll take close up pics and show everyone when it's completed.

Lets see some pics when you get them on. I haven't had any rubbing in the back of the wheel wells. The 285/75-16's on stock wheels rubbed more than the new ones I have now.

OP
OP

86mk7

Reaction score
Any pics. I still havnt done squat with mine. Still need to get the 4x4 fixed and still need tires. Looking to pick up some rear blocks soon. Don't Realy know what to get. I don't know what size to get. I don't want to get a 2 inch and not be able to level it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz