285/60 R20 - Stock AT4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Valco7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did some searching and found 1 thread (Here) that appears as if it may have worked, but figured I'd ask in case anyone else has any experience fitting a 285/60/R20 tire on an otherwise stock truck? I have a 2022 AT4 with Air-Ride, stock wheels. Time to get rid of these original POS tires and trying to see if I can get away with anything a touch bigger instead of going back with the stock size. Likely Ridge Graps or KO2's. Had KO2's on my sierra before buying this truck and they were great, but I see a lot of good talk about the Nitto RG's here so figured maybe worth a shot! Live in northeast so Snow/Wet performance needs to be taken into consideration too. Appreciate any help advice you have for me! Thanks in advance!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you going for looks or functionality?

What surfaces to you spend your time driving on, and do you do any semi-serious off-roading?

I cannot speak for a 2022 vehicle, but on my 07, I converted to 305/50x20 with no rubbing on a stock suspension height.

I do no off-roading, so I chose a Michelin Defender tire. It handles well, dry or wet, good for 70,000 miles, and it has handled anything that the NH winters can throw at it.

OP
OP
V

Valco7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! The A/T tires are mostly for aesthetics, as I'm on pavement about 90% of the time. No serious (or even semi-serious) off-roading aside from occasional dirt roads up in NH/ME for skiing, but those are pretty mild. Have heard great things about the defenders, especially reading through this forum. Ideally was looking for something a bit more aggressive looking (without sacrificing too much rain/snow performance), but I'll certainly keep those in mind as well!

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
285/60r20 fit on stock wheels on Z71. Mickey Thompsons are what I am running. No rubbing on fenders. They appear to rub slightly on upper control arms.

OP
OP
V

Valco7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! I ended up just going back with the stock size and avoid any possible issues.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are in snow country, i would highly suggest the ko2 over the ridge graps.

OP
OP
V

Valco7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yup! Went with KO2’s as I hadn’t had any issues with them when on my Sierra in the past so I didn’t bother to switch it up. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan