2024 Yukon XL AT4 W/ Air Ride Suspension- Tire Fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brando H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All- I am new here and hoping someone can provide some helpful information. I've looked through the threads for a few hours and cannot find what I am after, and no luck with Google either. I have a 2024 Yukon XL AT4 with Air Ride Suspension in transit from the factory. I would like to replace the OEM tires with the largest BFG KO2's that will fit at "normal" ride height without rubbing. I realize "rubbing" is subjective, I do not want them to rub at a full steering lock when turning into a driveway, I don't want wheel spacers and I don't want to rub the upper control arm. I've called a dozen tire shops, dealers, 4 wheel/suspension companies and nobody can come up with a firm answer. If you have the same rig and have already figured this out, PLEASE HELP! Thank you all in advance!

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tag for the same question. I feel like this may have been answered in the Exterior sub-forum at one point but I can’t find the answer.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in. The KO2's are a popular tire for many members on this Forum.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s some intel:

We gotta figure out how to get the mods/founders/supporting members to share “feedback” like this vs their canned goodwill intro. I, for one, would find that infinitely more valuable to the forum over “generic photos of every single forum members’ OEM-stock vehicle.”

jgraves

Reaction score
Ask if you have any specific questions.

Basically remove the mudflap bracket behind the fender liner and 1 screw per side to hold back the liner. The fitment is very tight but does not rub at normal ride height. It did rub backing out of parking spots when using the easy entry / exit mod while shuttling my mother around over the holidays.

Jeff

OP
OP
B

Brando H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All- I am new here and hoping someone can provide some helpful information. I've looked through the threads for a few hours and cannot find what I am after, and no luck with Google either. I have a 2024 Yukon XL AT4 with Air Ride Suspension in transit from the factory. I would like to replace the OEM tires with the largest BFG KO2's that will fit at "normal" ride height without rubbing. I realize "rubbing" is subjective, I do not want them to rub at a full steering lock when turning into a driveway, I don't want wheel spacers and I don't want to rub the upper control arm. I've called a dozen tire shops, dealers, 4 wheel/suspension companies and nobody can come up with a firm answer. If you have the same rig and have already figured this out, PLEASE HELP! Thank you all in advance!
OK, here is the verdict. Delivered from the factory with 2 miles on it I took it straight to the tire shop. Elected to go with 285/60/20 BFG KO2's. This size is approx 1/2" wider and 1/2" taller then factory tires. At "Normal" ride height here are the photos of the fitment. It DOES rub on the back of the fender liner, but just barely. I have not pulled into any steep driveways yet to see how bad it is. Definitely cannot do any off road trails without rubbing, but that's not what I bought it for.

Attachments

• y1.jpg
    y1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 24
  • y2.jpg
    y2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 28
  • y3.jpg
    y3.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 22
  • y4.jpg
    y4.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 27
  • y5.jpg
    y5.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 23

jgraves

Reaction score
OK, here is the verdict. Delivered from the factory with 2 miles on it I took it straight to the tire shop. Elected to go with 285/60/20 BFG KO2's. This size is approx 1/2" wider and 1/2" taller then factory tires. At "Normal" ride height here are the photos of the fitment. It DOES rub on the back of the fender liner, but just barely. I have not pulled into any steep driveways yet to see how bad it is. Definitely cannot do any off road trails without rubbing, but that's not what I bought it for.
If you want to fix the rubbing, watch the Westcott Design fender liner pull back kit videos on YouTube. I did a nearly identical mod without their kit and clear an even larger tire. Their kit should make the mod even easier.

gatorintx

Reaction score
What did you do with the original tires? Did the tire shop pay you a fair price for them since they were almost brand new?

OP
OP
B

Brando H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What did you do with the original tires? Did the tire shop pay you a fair price for them since they were almost brand new?
They said they cannot sell them as "new" because they had been mounted already. Offered me $25/each, so I elected to just give them to a friend in need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts